Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Klunker – Surrey (a bit of a long shot)
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Anyone in or around Surrey or London have a Transition Klunker I could throw a leg over to check out sizing..ta

ajantom

I’ve got one, but I’m down in Devon, so not much use 😉

How tall are you? I’m 6′ with pretty average length arms and legs and it’s a good fit. It’s quite a long frame, especially with the v slack angles.

I’d say it would be good down to 5’8″ and up to 6’4″ or so. Outside of those heights it’d still be rideable, but not great.

They’re great bikes fir cruising around on – mines done good work on rides accompanying my toddler on her balance bike.
    I did also fit a pair of rigid disc forks, disc front wheel and brake, and then took it down a load of the steepest local singletrack. That was fun. And scary.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks A, I’m about 6’4″/6’5″ with a 34″ inseam.

Looking to use it for pootling/commuting off road and the odd singletrack hoot.

Like the idea of putting front brakes. Have you changed the ratio on the gears?

Gotama
    Free Member

Tuskaloosa- being the same height as you could you post how you get on. Tempted by one for my short ride to work and faffing around down Barry’s with the kids.

ajantom

I’ve lowered the gearing somewhat.
    I think it came with a 40t (maybe 42t?) front and an 18t on the rear, which meant I struggled on anything steep, so I put a 38T ring on the front and swapped the rear cog for a 20t one. Made life a lot easier!

I happened to have an adapter/spider to let you run normal rings on a BMX crankset, which made swapping the rings around a lot easier.
    The replacement back cog was from an Alfine hub, they fit fine.

BTW – I’m only 2″ shorter in the leg than you, so I’d say you’ll be fine on the sizing.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks A for your help.

Gotama will do, how are you getting on with the new Chameleon

Gotama
    Free Member

Ta

Chameleon – It’s good, a fun bike for the trails round us, the kind of bike that encourages you to do manuals down the trails even though I’m useless at them. I can see why they’re proving popular despite the somewhat marmite colour.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Klunker – Surrey (a bit of a long shot)’ is closed to new replies.