• This topic has 131 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Klitschko Fury this weekend
  • ctk
    Free Member

Love knob head boxers, its what boxing is all about.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seriously….what was so bad?

Two big lumps hiding behind the jab doing, very little and never looking like knocking each other out

Can I ask what was good about it,result for fury aside ?

Greatape – they have to do that shit these says but yes you do wonder how he comes up with it

deepreddave
    Free Member

No surprise and he deserved it. He was only troubled in the 12th and survived that. He may not be classy but he’s big and awkward and heavyweight champion of the world. He won’t duck anyone and I suspect they won’t duck him now like they have been for a while. Joshua will be big enough and hit too hard and too fast, it’s just a question of when he wants/earns the shot.

DezB
    Free Member

Can you believe the AJ v Whyte fight is Pay Per View!?! Piss off Sky, I’ll be buying a DVD of that on the cheap.

tpbiker
    Free Member

as a boxing fan a little bit of me just died tonight

Up until now I had made the mistake of thinking Wlad was infact pretty good and had made everyone look worse than they were

After tonight I may have to reassess that. He looked dire, I counted one right hand he connected with all night until the 12. Looked clueless and gun shy.

Tyson was obviously better than I thought, but he still looked distinctly average. Can’t remember him really hurting Wlad all night, other than when he cought him after Wlad ‘turned away’. I had it closer than the judges, but thought he edged it by 1 or 2 rounds

Tyson’s clearly big and awkward, but if hes the best in th world (and it looks like he is, although I still think Joshua would beat him even now) then it is a very sad indication of the heavyweight division..

Also hes a total knobend….but then again many boxers are.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Greatape – they have to do that shit these says but yes you do wonder how he comes up with it

It’s so bizarre some of it I was reminded of Vic and Bob. (Sorry Vic and Bob 🙁 )

wrightyson
    Free Member

Timed nicely for hayes return…

wrecker
    Free Member

To be fair Haye has gone straight in against some stiff opposition. I’m not as confident about him winning as he is……

wrightyson
    Free Member

It will happen, you see…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Tyson Fury fully deserves his titles, he’s been constantly messed about, had fights postponed and cancelled by boxers who didn’t have the stomach or talent to fight him.
    Klitschko has picked his fights carefully and bullied his underpar opponents. Even in the end he was forced to fight Fury, he didn’t want to and you saw why.
    Haye must be rubbing his hands together thinking of his payday to come, but he backed out of two fights with Fury and got well beaten by Klitschko, he’s got no credibility left. Fury would beat him probably inside the distance.
    Boxing needs Fury more than he needs boxing now, fact.

BoardinBob

Yeah, this.

I probably like boxing more than biking and I was shocked at tonight’s fight. A Fury points win was the last thing anyone expected.

He’s a useless big lump but at least he’s entertaining.

Some interesting fights on the horizon from AJ, Haye, Fury, Wilder

duckman

Joshua is potentially the best of that lot,Wilder who WILL be Fury’s big payday was a Wlad sparring partner. I still want to see Joshua get hit,to see how he takes it,I would especially like it to be David Haye who throws the punch.

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t wait for Fury to be put on his arse by someone with a little talent. I don’t think he’ll have those belts for long….

Erm…he’s a boxer. It’s not like he has interest in his keen intellect……
    All he has waiting for him is a pub with a flat roof and a couple of dogs.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’m not sure why the animosity towards Fury. He trained hard, did his job and won the titles. I remember watching a terrestrial fight early on in his career and he looked awful physically and technically. He has fought his way to contention and taken the breaks. Yeah he is limited but has made the most of his talent and for that I think he has done really well.

Last night was one of those nights you could say you were there and watched the event. His personal views are a bit creative but shouldnt overshadow what he has done that many havent in the last 10 years

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah he is limited but has made the most of his talent and for that I think he has done really well.

And that says it all really.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Deontay Wilder is a good boxer with a great story giving him a fabulous work ethic. Again not fought great names as such yet. But when he fights you can see his desire to get the job done and move on to the next challenge and his ultimate goal.

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s not a very good boxer! He deserved the win, but it was a crap fight with few skills on display.
    And of course, he’s a complete bell end.

mooman
    Free Member

It merely highlights the poor state of heavyweight boxing. It was been in serious decline for over a decade (some would argue since the 1980’s).
    For me – Fury represent’s a new low for the once highly regarded heavyweight title. David Haye was bad enough.
    I find Fury amusing etc outside the ring … but he is shockingly bad for a champion of any sorts.

All the talk of AJ also only represent’s why the HW division has died. And yes – it would be 50/50 him against Fury.
    And AJ still in the ‘skittle’ stage of his career ( where guys are stood in front of him to be knocked over).

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m not sure why the animosity towards Fury

He’s an awful person, backed by awful people.

wrecker
    Free Member

I really don’t get the whole Fury has earnt anything crap. Look at the ratings;
    http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2
    With the exception of VK, Fury has fought nobody!
    I can’t believe that anyone was avoiding him, he didn’t really earn a shot anyway.

MSP

I think that by saying fury will fight allcomers, the insinuation seems to be that klitschko has dodged opponents, which just isn’t true on either count.

nickc

I’m not sure why the animosity towards Fury.

Oh, I dunno, maybe it’s the death threats, the homophombic, mysonginistic ranting, and the casual bigotry?

Then, is if it’s some-one else saying all those gold-plated idiotically simple minded things, he says, (rightly) “It’s discrimination and it’s very offensive” of people spouting equally offensive comments about his Gypsy heritage. 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s really not hard to see why he is disliked and most of these have been covered

The hest you can say is he is a character

WTF 😯 He is a boxer and he has no other skill set to make him this sort of money. What else will he do but box? That is a daft thing to say no sportsperson is needed to that degree and certainly not an average heavyweight who wont get anywhere near the 10 best boxers alive never mind of all time never mind top 10 heavyweights. Oddest hyperbole on this thread.

FFS some of you are acting like he just won the Rumble in the Jungle 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wrecker 😀

I have to say I don’t follow boxing that closely but it’s clear Fury is a character with an interesting upbringing, fantastic he won the title and I hope he gets to make a decent amount of money (and doesn’t p1ss it all away). He’s a product of his background and he’s a boxer FFS not a human rights lawyer.

DezB
    Free Member

He’s not a very good boxer! He deserved the win, but it was a crap fight with few skills on display.

I completely disagree. The defensive head movement, the tactics to nullify Klitschko’s skills, taking about 4 decent punches from Wladimir Klitschko over 12 rounds – not very good? Did what was needed to beat the very long term heavyweight champ. Pretty good if you ask me.

Means absolutely nothing.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Rather than join in the discussion about Fury I think it’s worth highlighting the real reason it was such a poor fight – Klitschko – he was woeful last night.

DezB
    Free Member

There was a reason for that – the bloke in the ring with him. (Not the ref 🙂 )

Junkyard
    Free Member

most of his fights are poor tbfair

wrecker
    Free Member

Only took 4 punches? Did VK throw 4 punches?!?
    I see it as a let off, a gift. VK was clearly not on form, he’s knocked out faaaaar better boxers than Fury lots of times.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

If VK threw 4 punches it would be no where near Fury.. however wlad probably a bit closer 🙂
    All I saw was the refs belly get in on the action. Why are the refs so out of shape.

I’m looking forward to Joshua and Hayes upcoming fights. on a side note well done degale for beating bute in his back garden. Its another place thats hard to get a decision.

Clobber
    Free Member

Just watched the highlights on YouTube seems there weren’t any…

scandal42
    Free Member

I want to see him humiliated, but guess what, it will be the most boring fight ever witnessed

Yup

dooosuk
    Free Member

wrecker et al…you do know it was WK that fought don’t you?

VK is now a politician.

wrecker
    Free Member

I spell it as I say it! Vladimir!
    WK would be Witali……. 😀

dooosuk
    Free Member

You weren’t spelling it though were you 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

Good job too.

wilburt
    Free Member

TBH I haven’t really watched boxing for a few years but encouraged by this thread I search a YouTube highlights clip.

That wasn’t boxing. It reminded me of Giant Haystacks against Big Daddy only less athletic, I imagine a handy kid from the street would smash either out of the ring.

DezB
    Free Member

I imagine a handy kid from the street would smash either out of the ring.

You have a very vivid imagination.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

The 16 quid was worth the fight before the main hugging match… K was not usee to fighting someome with a long reach or same height.

Yes fury is a toss pot and k looked like a drunk giraffe but its a fresh champ and k proven he and his bro were the best for some time… Next fight fury will get pummeled due to his arrogance and hes easy to work out. Just like blackpool fc in the prem.. Professional bumblers

bearnecessities

Mr Fury has just called Jeremy Vine to explain why he should win SPOTY. Could be a giggle.

EDIT: It is 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Klitschko Fury this weekend’ is closed to new replies.