Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • klein adroit
  • jamescainadamson
    Free Member

I have a 2001 klein adroit and am trying to fit a rear disc. It seems even with the a2z adapter the brakes still dont fit as the rotor skims the frame. The mechanic at my local bike shop says I need an IS mount or 22mm mount caliper.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    James.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Hard to tell what your mechanic is saying without seeing a picture, but if the rotor skims the frame then I’m unsure how an adaptor is going to solve the problem?

geoffj

Would a smaller rotor work? !40mm?

wwaswas

Would a smaller rotor work? !40mm?

I thought that but the adapters are all designed to work with 160mm disks so you’d struggle to get the caliper to hit the disk?

jonathan
    Free Member

Do you mean one of these adapters?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/a2z-universal-disc-mount/

I wouldn’t be putting one of those anywhere near an Adroit seat stay to be honest – a fairly delicate bit of alu not designed for that sort of load.

But as said, if the rotor is skimming the frame then the adapter won’t make any difference, unless it’s to accommodate a smaller rotor size?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member
    jonathan
    Free Member

I wondered about those but though it was too early for those 22mm mounts. Clearly not!

Some useful stuff here too?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/klein-attitude-22mm-chainstay-mount-caliper-centerlock-compatability

clubber
    Free Member

I have the same mount on my Klein Mantra from around the same time. Luckily the disc doesn’t foul the frame.

As above, you’re going to have to do some bodging. I’ve seen this done by making a dent in the frame (deliberately!) to provide clearance to the disc but I can understand that this isn’t one for the faint-hearted.

Otherwise, the adaptor is really a very simple bit of folded metal so you could easily enough make your own to allow fitting a smaller disc.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What size disc are you trying to use?
    Are you able to go down a size? If you’ve got a 160mm disc rubbing, you might be able to get a 140mm to fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘klein adroit’ is closed to new replies.