Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kitsbow – offroad Rapha or allowed?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Are we OK with Kitsbow clothing?

$150 jersey?

$199 AM knickers?

Good stuff? Too much? Overpriced? Same as Aldi? Anyone using any of their stuff?

Andy

Rode part of a tour with a couple last year, who had the Shirts supplied as part of their sponsership. Really lovely but the price…. 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Why not?
    If you can afford it and like it, then buy it.
    Same with if you like Aldi kit.
    The choice, is yours..

Gotama
    Free Member

Not used Kitsbow but have a couple of things from 7mesh (ex-Arcteryx crowd) which is similar level. Whilst undoubtedly expensive I’ve found their stuff fits well, is well made, seems to be standing up to abuse and is very well thought out. For example pockets on the shorts to put your phone in are positioned so that you don’t notice your phone is there whilst riding, unlike my Endura ones where it causes the short to go tight on every pedal stroke. Small stuff. The materials used seem to be that bit better as well. Whether its worth it is up to you, to me it is.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had forgotten about 7mesh. 🙂

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks nice – not plastered with logos and simple. I like it but it is very expensive!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are we OK with Kitsbow clothing?

Why bother what other people think, if you want something buy it, don’t base it on getting permission from others.

Houns

Nice looking stuff, can’t afford it right now, but when I can I’ll certainly have a proper look

GHill

I’d like some of their kit (especially the jersey above), but haven’t tried it.

Disclaimer: I have similar opinions about Rapha.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’ll probably buy some of the shorts.

Jerseys, I think Rapha are decent value if you ride enough.

honourablegeorge

BigDummy – Member
    I had forgotten about 7mesh.

Wiggle had/have some half price 7-mesh stuff. I got a longsleeve baggy-style jersey, it’s really nice, made of a sort of water/dirt ressitant fabric. Enormously pleased with it, would never have paid full whack though.

rocketman
    Free Member

not plastered with logos and simple

Not enough logos imo

What you want is one of these

lawman91

Kitsbow is very nice kit, although I’m a devout 7Mesh fan these days, for Shorts, Jerseys, Jackets etc I won’t use anything else now. I’ve several jerseys, 3 pairs of shorts and their strategy jacket which are very good, fit is ace, materials are robust and top quality and they just work. Particularly like the Strategy jacket, Glidepath short and Desperado Henley, I’ll be using them for years to come and they feel like they’ll last an age to, unlike the Fox kit I used to wear which was usually only good for the bin after 12-18 months. I’ll be topping up my 7Mesh wardrobe in the next few weeks ready for winter, some of their roadie gear and a few thermal bits and bobs, it’s a real shame they don’t do base layers, socks, gloves etc as I’d be sure to get them, given how good the rest of the range is. Expensive yes, but very much like Exposure Lights I think the premium is well worth it for the performance and durability you get, you only have to read all the reviews and listen to user feedback to see that.

LAT

I met a chap in a supermarket wearing head to toe kitsbow. I asked him how he was getting on with it. He loved it apparently though he said he felt guilty about wearing the nicest clothes he owned to ride a bicycle.

The prices are high, but I imagine the quality is too. 7mesh seem less concerned with image than their products.

Personally, I like to be able to try clothes on before I buy them. Though returning is always possible, if time consuming.

BigDummy
    Free Member

thanks chaps – interesting to have some user feedback. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wandering back to this…

I bought some Origin AM shorts,ventilated AM shorts, mesh trail boxers and (ludicrously) the Icon shirt.

The shorts are a bit marginal with bulky pads, but are beautifully cut and very comfortable. Boxers are very comfortable. The Icon is my new favourite garment. It is wonderful.

Overall, very happy chap. Will buy more unless it all (unexpectedly) falls to bits over a few months…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shame it doesn’t match the bike 😉 Will take a look next time I’m feeling flush, going through my kit the Morvelo and Rahpa stuff is lasting will for MTB and road respectively and was the stuff that made the air freight back from Oz. There is something nice about wearing nicely put together kit that is well made and thought out

BigDummy
    Free Member

Don’t make me match my kit to the bike, Mike. Bad things happen….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kitsbow – offroad Rapha or allowed?’ is closed to new replies.