Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • KitKat rolling out for the nexus 4. Anyone got it yet.?
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can undo the Google maps update that comes as a result of upgrading to KitKat ?
    I don’t like the maps now. You used to be able to undo updates before,but it looks like you can’t in KitKat.
    Bloody updates are a pain sometimes.

jekkyl

My battery life seems to have taken a nosedive on my nexus 4 in the week I’ve had the update.

dthom3uk

My battery life has plummeted on my N4 thanks to the Kit Kat update. Google Play Services seems to be the culprit. If you Google this issue there are a number of people in the same boat.

If you haven’t already I’d hold off the upgrade on the N4 until Google sort this out. My phone was flat my 2pm yesterday without any serious use and Google Play Services was responsible for about 65% of the battery use.

neninja
    Free Member

Conversely, the run time on my N4 has seriously improved since KitKat.

I can comfortably go 2 days between charges now with bluetooth, wifi and gps all switched on (assuming I’m not playing games and browsing continually). I just checked and Play had been 8% of my battery use today but it did update 10 apps this morning.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I don’t find it too different, although the “recognising an unknown phone number” thing worked nicely – I got a call inviting me to a job interview yesterday and it told me who the call was from 🙂

mark90
    Free Member

My N7 got the update today. Too early to say if it’s made any difference.

JohnnyPanic

Cougar – Moderator
    Can’t you just do that on the web?

I wish.

This upgrade has ruined the stock email app for me. It looks nicer but is less functional.

Previously I would collect emails on my N4 or N7 (leaving them on the server), delete the ones I didn’t want and that would then sync to the server and the other N device leaving only what I wanted on the server to be collected on the ‘puter.

Now, when I delete from the N4 or N7 it doesn’t sync to the server or the other N.

The recycle bin issue was pre-existing problem, I just didn’t realise that when I deleted emails on the Nexus, they went into a ‘Recycle Bin’ with no bulk delete or ’empty recycle bin’ option.

Clearly they want you to use gmail.

Plenty of other email apps out there though.

kayak23

Still having problems on my N7. Dolphin browser crashing frequently, and some sites, links won’t work when ‘clicked’…
    Annoying.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘KitKat rolling out for the nexus 4. Anyone got it yet.?’ is closed to new replies.