Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kitchen unit door replacement help
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

We rent a flat and there are 2 cupboards below the sink that have become water damaged warped/swollen where the water has leaked over the work surface.

Can anyone from these pictures make out what i should be looking for to replace these? E.G. are the Beech/Oak and what style?

And should i be able to pic up something similar from B&Q/Wickes etc?

jonb
    Free Member

Look on the hinges, that sometimes has a name on it that will indicate where the kitchen was bought.

It's a shaker style door if that helps. Just a question of finding a match after that. Take a door off and wander in. Things look very different in different light sources so you need to comare like with like. We went round loads trying to match in the house we just moved into.

cb

Take a look inside all of the doors – normally a label somewhere giving manufacturer details. Might be in bottom of utensil drawer? Apologies if you've done this already. Alternatively, unhinge one and take it into B&Q, Wickes etc
    Pretty shoddy doors to have done this – they are usually membrane pressed and sealed from water ingress.

EDIT: I was too slow – but at least someone else agrees…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

right, cheers mate i had narrowed it down to shaker style by looking on Google so it's great thats what you said.

Im guessing that the doors are standard height 71.5 cm i measured so it's just a case of going to Wickes and B&Q and finding the finish.

I thought it might be Beech but now im thinking oak.

Cheers for the help

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Can't find a sticker but the hinges and fittings say Blum.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looks like Wickes kitchens come as standard with Blum hinges and there is one just down the road.

Can you just buy shaker style doors off the peg? I only need two.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yes

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

cheers John, problem ive got now is Wickes have the exact doors but only in white!

This is tougher than i thought it was going to be.

carlos
    Free Member
    MoseyMTB
    Free Member

looking at my doors they are really cheap, just pressed saw dust stuff with like a fake laminate wood on the outside.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen unit door replacement help’ is closed to new replies.