Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kitchen Destruction: Feels wonderful! DIY Joy content.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

One day, two people, from fully fitted to this.

Tomorrow, plaster action.

bearnecessities

Concerned wall, is concerned.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Concerned house-owner, also concerned. It’s ok though, it’s Mrs.C’s Uncle, we just pay his mortgage.

That’s the least of our worries.

See that there? Thats an oven cable used for a plug socket (branched) and then a light switch built on top of a LIVE old light switch.

A quardruple layer of tiles bonded to each other cause the collapse of any remaining plaster.

It’s fun to learn when it’s not your money/life on the line.

bearnecessities

Fella, trust me, it’s less fun when it’s your own money. 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Exactly @bearnecessities.
    Example A.

Been half joking with Mrs C about never, ever doing this on our own. Taking it out has been problematic and led to so much extra work, god knows what’s going to happen when we try to fit the new one.

Respect to the DIY dads, I’m a long way off.

takisawa2

Dob & Dab are your Uncle’s new friends.
    New boards would transform it.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Had a good hum-haw over exhibit B.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m nearing the end of the latest episode in the long saga that is the rectification of a previous owners DIY prowess. Or lack thereof.

Our “extension” destruction got started at 0830, the 5 builders were gone by 1400 only because they had to wait about an hour and a half for the skip to arrive.

The SDS chisel was slowing them down.

Found out that in all likelihood he plumbed in the gas as well since nobody uses compression fittings below the floor. Thankfully the existing kitchen still has all the conduit as evidence that stuff is where it’s supposed to be.

The amount of correctional work I’ve needed to do in my house is unbelievable (or would be as a naiive buyer), all I can say for future is bugger ever installing a central heating system again, taken me about 3 weeks of days off and a few holidays on my own to get where I am, just the final clips to install and a couple of valves to put in and I’m done though.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive just reached the end of doing this exact job in our house from old ladys clutter kitchen + hand grenade to awesome new kitchen via much pain and missery over 4 weeks locked in the kitchen on my own.

parkesie
    Free Member

From

House renovations by Parkesiemtb, on Flickr

Via

To

Was glad to be back at work for a hard earned rest.

Most nerve racking job was cutting the worktops. Plastering and cleaning the polistirine ceiling tiles off were the most soul destroying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen Destruction: Feels wonderful! DIY Joy content.’ is closed to new replies.