• This topic has 23 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cb.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Kitchen cupboard help :(
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Hi guys and gals… Where can i get info where to buy a cabinet piece of cupboard (is it what its called? 🙄 ) …supposed to be dishwasher there but decided to get a cupboard instead. Any help or info at all getting the right piece of cabinet and color is highly appreciated. Cheers.

wwaswas

do you want the cupboard bit, the door or both?

B&Q do ‘take out’ cupboards that are ok. just measure the width you need and buy one of those.

As for the door, you’ll need to try the original supplier and see if they have anything the right colour.

You could just put open shelves there, I guess if you can’t get a matching door?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Just the door and fixing really… Its a place to hide the thrash can. ..

Finding the supplier will be a bit challenging.. But cheers.. Didn’t know B&Q sells just bits.

wwaswas

You’ll need a bit of plinth, too.

[edit] hinges etc will be designed to take account of the sides of a cupboard filling that gap – they’ll be ‘wrong’ if you try and attach to the sides of what’s there now so you might have to get a cupboard to get a door to hang properly.

The end panels might be possible to remove and turn into a door but you may have some uncovered edges at the end.

VanMan
    Free Member

Guessing by the tiles, half your 1000 wide cabinet takes two floor tiles, that the gap was made to measure for the dishwasher? If so may need to take out that blanking piece at the end to fit a 500 wide in.

the-muffin-man

Might be easier just to get a dishwasher!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Taking out that blanking piece in the end and moving the cupboard where the water bottle is to fit a standard size cupboard in that empty space seems a very good option.. That space is dishwasher size ..i tried to look one before and its a dishwasher standard size.. (Well most of them i.e. Argos, currys..) Now its the color i will have to worry about…not matching color is really not an option sadly. …

If only there is a cupboard that the door looks like a faceplate of a dishwasher would be very good idea so i dont have to worry about the wood color

wwaswas

ikea do a stainless steel door, I’m sure others do. Different widths available so you could get two to fill the gap.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60141808/

VanMan
    Free Member

Good call wwaswas or may I suggest a beer fridge!!!!

alfabus
    Free Member

I have the opposite problem.. I’ve got nowhere to put my dishwasher.

Fancy a swap?

Dave

wolfenstein
    Free Member

😯 nice one @wwaswas .. You are a house saver! Just in case i cant find a color match in B&Q this weekend.

…i certainly can’t figure surviving domestic life without STW 8)

wwaswas

If you get the ikea doors get a cupboard from them too – you know the hinge drillings will exactly match then.

have a think about the plinth too – you should be able to make a section using the bits that’ll be hidden when the new cupboard goes in.

cb

you’ve looked in all your cupboards, under the cutlery tray within the kitchen? Most suppliers put labels on all their carcasses.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Sorry dave, my thrash can space is more important than dishwasher 🙁 … I Like washing dishes with hands tbh ..therapeutic sometimes, ..like ironing clothes, weeding off driveway..something like that .

VanMan
    Free Member

Might want to try Howdens (where builders go) and Wickes as well as B&Q. Also worth taking that small plinth with you to match up?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@vanman.. Thats the plan this weekend.

..searched the whole cabinet for advertising stickers …all i could find..no name and no help at all… Might call Wates (who built this house).. again, the aftermarket sales are not very helpful …i’ve tried and gave up 😡

spooky_b329

Might well be leading you up the garden path, but if you google some of the info on the label, you end up looking at a ‘Charles Rennie Mackintosh’ kitchen, looks a bit pricey but you never know. Your label says ‘Profile’ which is shaker style but they also do ‘Linear’ which is slab fronted doors like yours, also Walnut is an option. If it is the same kitchen perhaps some bits are interchangeable between ranges hence the Profile being on the label.

ebygomm
    Free Member

They look like 30x30cm tiles so taking out the blanking plate would leave a 600mm space for a cupboard which is a fairly standard size. Built in dishwashers tend to be 600mm wide.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

The bit that is missing is called the carcass.

http://r.ebay.com/AGHU9M

tonyplym
    Free Member

If the house is part of a larger development it might be worth asking the neighbours to see if any of them are about to change their kitchen – if a standard fit and colour has been used across the development then you might strike it lucky and be able to blag some bits.

bensales
    Free Member

Although free standing dishwashers are 600 wide, the space might not be. I’ve just built my kitchen and the ‘600’ space for the dishwasher is actually slightly larger, in order to make it easier to get the appliance in and out.

If it is 600, then you should just be able to slot in a 600 cabinet with door, assuming you can find out where the kitchen came from. Chance are though, if it was put in when the house was built, it might be from a supplier who doesn’t sell to the public.

mugsys_m8

Have you tried scanning the flashcode on the label you found with a smartphone with flashcode scanner app?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Or scan the barcode with the redlaser app.

cb

http://www.kbsa.org.uk/ You could try that lot to see if they recognise the label codes. Or Paula Rosa/Manhatten kitchens or Symphony. Wates would tend to use one of the big suppliers I’d imagine. How old is the house? I know we inherited a house ‘manual’ with all kinds of technical detail on appliances / kitchens / alarms etc. Do you have one stashed away somewhere?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen cupboard help :(’ is closed to new replies.