Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kitchen advice
  • r0bh
    Free Member

In a flat I’m thinking of putting an offer on the current owner has had the kitchen re-done without including a washing machine (WTF?). Would anyone be able to give me a ballpark cost for flipping the sink around so the washing machine could go in on the right under where the sink is now as in the picture below? I’ve seen another flat in the same block with this configuration. Cheers!

alfabus
    Free Member

1 million dollars

plus VAT

wwaswas

what’s under the counter in the corner – might fit one in there and not lose any storage?

[edit] you’d end up with a big hole in the sink where they had to move the taps, too.

r0bh
    Free Member

what’s under the counter in the corner – might fit one in there and not lose any storage?

Gas meter IIRC.

wwaswas

Personally, I’d put it under the counter where the stool is.

you’d need a new door for the cupboard (you’d lose the drawers and handle on wrong side for just moving existing one).

plus moving wastes around.

And maybe new sink if you don’t want an ugly pluged hole in the existing one.

few hundred quid, probably.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am with @wwaswas – put it under the counter, minimal cost. The plumbing to add the water inlet/waste outlet will be straightforward and no messing with the cabinet/sink. I’m not a fan of “breakfast bar” most of the time it’s wasted space.

fisha
    Free Member

Another one for under the counter on the right in the picture. Are you really going to sit down there and eat from the bar at that height?

Where is the existing washing machine in the house ?

nickjb
    Free Member

The counter looks well under 600mm so a washing machine will stick out quite a lot. Has the sink got a hole with a bung in it so it can be reversed? Why do you want the machine that side? I’d just take the drawers out and put it in there, leave everything else as is.

the-muffin-man

The unit under the sink will probably be one big (1200mm) unit so you would need a new 600mm wide unit.

Sink could be flipped, but from your photo it doesn’t look central with the unit below so you may also need some new worktop as it may need moving further to the left!

As others have said – if the counter to the right is 600mm (and a bit!) deep then stick it under there. But that may not work if there are no electric sockets! But you’d have to have a socket put under the sink if you wanted the machine there…

Perhaps leave the washing machine where it is!?

r0bh
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Currently there isn’t a washing machine at all! I queried this as I thought it a bit weird and apparently the current owner uses the launderette. This did make me a bit suspicious that a washing machine couldn’t be fitted but surely that can’t be right (it’s a 2nd floor flat)

It’s a nice flat at a decent price apart from this though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen advice’ is closed to new replies.