Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • kit quandry need advice, too dual or not to dual !?
  • m_t_b
    Free Member

I have a set of Juicy Carbons great brakes but they are not for me I have always had XT brakes and am weighing up whether to go for dual control XT which I can get super cheap with calipers included for £150. Never used Dual control anyone got any feedback would be used for heavy duty trail riding mostly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

tried it once, its different, suits XC race bikes more than trail bikes IMO, the flat bar, elbows in position makes it easier to get to the levers than shifters,

It's different, whether its better or not is debatable.

m_t_b
    Free Member

Guess that is my concern as I have risers and fox 36 so not sure if it will suit.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have been using the older XT dual controls for 2 years now.

I find them totally intuitive now,with changes just a finger flick or pull away,and my thumbs can stay round the bars,plus they have a very light lever action.I junked the thumb shift as I never used it.

Use them with a rapid rise rear mech ideally,then its flick down to change up,flick up to change down.

Both left and right hands and shifters then move the same direction for up and down shifts.

Lots of people coming from rapid fire ,slate them without having allowed themselves to get accustomed to them.

I was told that I

b

t be able to do endos, the levers would break,etc,but my experince has been positive.

Only negative for me is not being able to mix and match brakes,and I`d sometimes prefer something with a bit more bite and lighter than my XTs

m_t_b
    Free Member

Thanks Giant out of interest what kind of riding do you do? The new ones are meant to be more powerful for a complete set at Merlin with new calipers its 150 down form 300 bit of a steal… still dont know what to do though right shit if I get this wrong and have gotten rid of all my XO kit

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you can always just buy some shimano levers and shifters at a later date. Or even cheeper, buy the DC's on ebay, they usualy go for penuts with people taking them off their bikes.

m_t_b
    Free Member

DC's ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘kit quandry need advice, too dual or not to dual !?’ is closed to new replies.