Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KISS – NEC tonight, anyone else going?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Off to see KISS tonight with my youngest lad, his first proper gig, got standing tickets down the front so he should be able to see all the show effects, anyone else going or seen them already this tour?

rOcKeTdOg

I'd rather eat my own arm tbh but I'm sure the effects will be good, are you going in full make up?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I went on Saturday to Sheffield Arena – their first night of the tour. I was very surprised to see that it had not sold out (only about 2/3rd full at best).

I did see many people in full make-up but the winner was the young kid on his dad's shoulders in full Gene Simmons make-up and bat-winged cape.

votchy
    Free Member

I did see many people in full make-up but the winner was the young kid on his dad's shoulders in full Gene Simmons make-up and bat-winged cape.

That will be me and my son tonight, albeit without the cape

No make up for me

mastiles – was it a good show?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mastiles – was it a good show?

It wasn't the best I have ever seen but I did enjoy it – mostly old stuff with a couple of tracks off the new album.

But in general it was pretty much what I would expect from Kiss – flames, fireworks, zip wires, platforms etc – good cheesy fun. I couldn't help but think they were a bit old for it now though.

It was my first time seeing them in make-up too – my only other Kiss gig was on the 'Lick it Up' tour when they had ditched the get-up and played it straight so it was something I have waited a long time to see.

'God Gave Rock n Roll To Ya' was quite poignant. I was disappointed with a couple of tracks they left out though.

votchy
    Free Member

Well, first time I've ever seen them and what a show, amazing spectacle, sounded good too. Son really enjoyed it but it got a little too much for him so we missed about 20 mins while we sat outside the arena having a drink. Really enjoyed it and, like Sheffield, not sold out but quite an enthusiastic crowd, was very close to the sound desk so vcery close to Paul Stanley when he came out to the platform during the encore. Thinking about going to see them again at wembley just for the hell of it 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

so vcery close to Paul Stanley when he came out to the platform during the encore.

Yeah, same as us – I could see his wrinkles at that point 🙂

But yeah, it was good harmless fun and if you go with that in mind, it wouldn't disappoint.

Did you see the 'God Gave Rock N Roll' bit?

darrell
    Free Member

am going next Sunday to see them in Zurich. First time since i saw them in 1979

damn i'm getting old

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KISS – NEC tonight, anyone else going?’ is closed to new replies.