Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kirroughtree – where to stay
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

A few of us are heading down to Kirroughtree in the spring, planning to stay overnight and then do Ae/Mabie the following day.

Anyone got decent B&B/Guest houses recommendations in and around the area? Preferably close to a pub!

It will be our first time at Kirroughtree, can’t wait 😀

cp

Kirroughtree is great! and what better than to stay at the b&b run by the girls who run the bike shop in kirroughtree forest!

http://www.thebreakpad.com/castle-douglas.html

stayed there last year and its great!

cp

their b&b is in castle douglas by the way – half way between kirroughtree and ae 🙂

pubs close by, and a big tesco across the roundabout for supplies.

crazy-legs

Second what cp says, The Break Pad is a great B&B. Huge breakfasts, bike friendly (garage/workshop/bike wash), it’s run by the two girls who own the bike hire place at Kirroughtree and it’s convenient for Mabie, Ae and Dalbeattie as well.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Cheers guys, BreakPad looks like a nice place and decent price. Looks like we have our kip for the night sorted!

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

do not miss dalbeattie some do not like it but thats because its hard there is talk of making parts of it easier because of complaints so ridee it now

Dr_Bike
    Free Member

Kirroughtree and huge breakfasts, looking forward to it already.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member
    mrmojo
    Free Member

“do not miss dalbeattie some do not like it but thats because its hard there is talk of making parts of it easier because of complaints so ridee it now” … What bits would that be ? rode Dalbeattie a few times nothing too hard I wouldn’t think.

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

i dont think its too hard however the fc have been saying that people find the route avoiding the slab eg red route is “dangerous”
    all I am saying is ride dalbeattie its under rated by some or so it appears
    and there already have been “IMPROVEMENTS” MAKING IT “safer”

mrmojo
    Free Member

Aye ..sad to hear that the bit around the slab is prob one of the better bits of the red aswell .. Must admit it aint one of my fav trails feels like a man made gravel trail IMO but worth it if you’ve never tried it.

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

thanks CP for your recommendation – always nice to hear positive stuff – makes us feel all warm inside and like all the hard\ work is worth it!

Sam
    thebreakpaddotcom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree – where to stay’ is closed to new replies.