Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kirroughtree next Thursday – Typical conditions?
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Heading over to KT next week for the second time this year.

What condition can I expect the trails to in this time of year?

Will be bringing the wet proof gear, but just wanting to get an idea of how they run this time of year, typically.

Cheers

Col

Trekster

Even if it is wet and windy the trail is solid but slippy in places where it is rocky.
    Otherwise best trail anywhere 😆
    Check cafe, may be on winter hours ie closed. If so stop off at the Skyre Burn roadside cafe for an all day brekkie fo £5. Magic

sv

It'll be so wet probably best to stay on the boat!

(it'll be fine regardless)

Trekster

ping down atm 🙁

ahhh. if you are coming over on the ferry then you will not be passing the Skyre Burn, you are coming from the Starnraer end?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Your not kidding trekster. Just driven up and its phishing down 🙁

Its scheduled rain and blustery weather for later this week too.

stcolin
    Free Member

Coming over from Belfast into Stranraer.

Awk well, not like we're not used to wind and rain! I'll assume the trails will hold up well.

ChrisL

There were a very small number of slightly muddy bits on the black on Saturday. Not deep mud, though, enough to possibly get you dirty but not to really affect the riding. Other than that, as mentioned above – generally fine, but some of the rocks may be slippy.

Kit
    Free Member

There will be loads of puddles if its been raining so you'll get wet feet, but nothing muddy as Chris says.

Northwind

What I noticed at the weekend was that there was quite a lot of pine needles in places, which had really sucked up the water and could be very slippy, not nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vofjjlx2nN0

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree next Thursday – Typical conditions?’ is closed to new replies.