Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kirroughtree and beyond…recommendations
  • DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’ll be staying in a cottage next to Kirroughtree trail centre all next week. Never done any of the 7 Stanes before, so looking forward to trying out as much as possible nearby.

Obviously I can spend a few days blasting round Kirroughtree, but what else is recommended further afield ? Are there any natural trails linking up Kirroughtree forest with other stuff/trail centres ?

I’ll have my car, so can drive to other trail centers if nearby, but would rather get as many pedalling miles in as possible.

vmgscot

You could jump on the Big Country loop at Kirroughtree end if you fancy a big day out (58Km).

Or use the car to pop along to Dalbeatie and Mabie to sample them.
    Try and get to Drumlanrig as that is another superb place – different feel to the kitter-litter trail centres.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a lot of off piste singletrack at Kirro, Sam at the Breakpad will show you where.

The big hill behind Kirro, Cairnsmore of Fleet is also a good option. If you want to extend Kirro black a bit, once at the top of heartbreak hill turn right not left, and pick up the old Edinburgh road along to Clatteringshaws loch and visitor centre and back.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Brilliant – thanks guys. Plenty to keep me amused for 7 days 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree and beyond…recommendations’ is closed to new replies.