Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Kinver singletrack routes?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Just wondering if there are any decent single track rides around Kinver? I have heard a few people talking about it saying its pretty good but I was wondering where I starts
    And finishes? I live in Kingswinford so I’m only down the road from there

Bat1
    Free Member

Hi mate i live in Russells hall,And have a little loop running round Fenspool and Buckpool if your interested i show you rond.

There is loads of stuff up kinver not hard to find.

sc-xc

(Not that I ride my mtb much anymore 😳 )

…but there are a few from K’ford around these parts – and plenty of good routes to get to and around Kinver. Where abouts in K’ford are you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyim
    Free Member

I’m halfway up standhills road. I have heard you can get to some singletrack via the million woods by Summerhill school?

unklebuck
    Free Member

There are indeed plenty of routes that you can put together from K’ford towards Clent, Kinver and Enville with a bit of cheek and a map.

I usually ride a 20 mile ish loop starting not far from you that takes in the Million and Kinver Edge a couple of times a week.

I’ll post a better description of the route when I get back from work if you like.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Oh this thread brings back childhood memories 🙂

Haze

I may have a route I can send you, will check later when I get home.

It’ll get you to Kinver via the Million and Enville, but you’re on your own after that.

Easy enough to have a sniff around though…

bigyim
    Free Member

Yeah those routes sound great thanks

unklebuck
    Free Member

This should be clearish if you look at an OS map, but I can add more detail if you need it. A good chunk of the first 4 miles or so is cheeky, but well ridden by locals.

From Summerhill School, head south through Ridgehill Woods, Friars Gorse, over canal and up through outskirts of Wollaston. South through woods above Stourbridge Rugby club and then across playing fields opposite school to Little Iverley Covert.

Along Sandy Lane and then up Sugar Loaf Lane past Raquet Club, then down bridleway through Fairy Glen. Follow road to Caunsall then onto Kinver Edge via Blakeshall.

After exploring the Edge, head towards Enville via Rocky Lane and two bridlepath sections. From Enville go east through the Million, decending the bridleway to Gothersley Lane and the canal.

Head to Gothersley Bridge, then along the lane and past Ashwood Nursery. Use the bridleway past Ashwood Lodge to get back to the school.

tollah
    Free Member

The trouble with Kinver is that there’s an attentionwhore that rides around those parts demanding everyone looks at him. If you go on a day that he’s not there it’s nice! 🙂

Houns

A slightly shorter route to get to the Million follow unclebucks above…When you hit the canal and Wordsley/Bells Lane turn right on the canal, after about a mile get off the canal and Prestwood Drive, down the drive to the A449, cross over and follow the bridleway signs past the nursing home, through the woods, turn left up the sandy track, down over the canal, up suicide alley, keep going up past the farm and paddocks and there you go, you’re in the Million (then follow the above to get to Kinver via Enville)

unklebuck
    Free Member

I do know a slightly longer route to the Million from K’ford that goes via the Wyre, it does spoil the descent of suicide ally though. 😕

Houns

I’d be interested in knowing that

unklebuck
    Free Member

I can mail you an .mmo file with it, or anyone else who might be interested?

Houns

Cool, i think my email addy is in my profile, thanks

bigyim
    Free Member

What’s suicide alley? Thanks for all your help guys

Houns

It’s a section of bridlepath that’s nice and fast as you head from the Million to the canal..A few loose rocks that the horses have kicked up, there used to be a metal pole to catch unaware riders out about 2/3’s the way down it

unklebuck
    Free Member

Houns, YGM.

I’ve pinch flatted down there more times than I care to remember. I’m always surprised by the number of riders going up there rather than down, and they always stop for a breather in the dark with their 10,000 lumen lighs on right in the way of the entrance to it. 😥

LeeW

I were over Kinver yesterday, had a cracking loop which ran past the bottom of the Kingsford downhill bit, we ended up in the little store come tea shop in Wolverly for a bacon buttie, which was probably the best one I’ve had from a cafe in a long while.

Edit – I was lost after the first 30 minutes or so.

Haze

Suicide alley, aka cobbledy bonk – we usually head up that way into the Million, lovely it is.

bigyim
    Free Member

What tyres for suicide bonk?!!!!

z1ppy

any, as none grip on the way down. Again we tend to use it to get into the top of the million, as the climb out of the woods to get to the top of Suicide alley is rubbish.

Haze

Although there is a nice opportunity for a good launch heading downwards…

unklebuck
    Free Member

the climb out of the woods to get to the top of Suicide alley is rubbish.

It’s a good test of fitness, and the descent is more than worth it 😈

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Kinver singletrack routes?’ is closed to new replies.