Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kinver riders a warning
  • Houns

If anyone rides up Kinver edge in the fenced off section, just to let you know I rounded up then released 20 odd big **** off long horn cattle in to this area to graze yesterday. There’s a lot of tight turns and big areas of undergrowth that hide these beasts so just be careful!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Glad we didn’t bump into anything last night (got a bit lost in the dark too)

z1ppy

fenced area near the iron age fort? (rather than on the lower section or newley agent oranged/newly fenced area)… bizarre as they usually let them graze their over the summer (though didn’t this year), then remove them in october.

Houns

Yeah new cattle now from a different farmer. The area runs from by Iron Age fort along the ridge line toward kingsford. We (the NT) are clearing a lot from that area aiming to turn it back to its original heathland state. They’ll be out all the time now
    I didn’t expect them to bolt off once I got them through the gate yesterday from the field they were in. Scared a few walkers 😳

z1ppy

Yep missus discovered them, she also saw a sign saying that there’s to be a meeting about cycling on the edge on the 12th @ 5.30 (I assume @ the rock houses) . Anyone know anything about that? Too early for me to attend, & so assume it’ll be full of happy go lucky pensioners 😉

z1ppy

Ok found this on the local FB page

Calling cyclists! The National Trust are having another session to meet local bikers and talk about cycling on the Edge. We’ll be looking at maps and strava routes, trying to figure out some new approaches to using the land. It’s going to be 5.30pm on the 12th November, that’s next Thursday, at the Rock House tea-rooms. Please come along if you’d like an input into how we manage cycling here, and share the date around.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hang on, don’t Kinver houses’ private drive’s go all over the Edge?

scaredypants

houns is a cowboy now ? ? 😯

Houns

Yee haw!

Yes I just read about the meeting for cyclists too. Don’t know anything more about it, I’ll be along

Houns

“Hang on, don’t Kinver houses’ private drive’s go all over the Edge?”

Well only if you’re in the NT Ranger pick up or John Deere Gator (great fun!)

rOcKeTdOg

so this mobile beef,good trail food i hear and fair game if you slaughter it whilst its crossing some singletrack?

Stoner
    Free Member

Houns, you need to get yourselves some belted Galloways like what we have here on the boglands. Lovely docile, hardy livestock. Doing great things of the scrub.

Houns

I’m not sure what other breeds the NT considered, I was told that the long horns were originally grazed on there. There is also a random Hereford in with them too?! They’re very docile, they have a few calves and weren’t fussed with me getting up close to them to move them on.
    I’m only a volunteer gardener at the Rock houses but get to do other bits like this on the edge too, great fun but hard work

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kinver riders a warning’ is closed to new replies.