Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kintyre Way 3 Ferries Ride
  • tomd
    Free Member

Hi,

I had a go at riding some of the Kintyre Way at the weekend. There wasn’t a lot of info available on it from a riding point of view, just a couple of blog posts and few things on here. Anyway, it was actually pretty good and a lot of effort has been made to way mark the route. The scenery is brilliant and the route is ideal for biking. Calamc are doing a direct ferry to Campbeltown now so it’s easier logistically than it was a few years ago. There’s a write up here if anyone is interested in giving it a go:

http://www.gmbc.org.uk/kintyre-way-exploring//

Tom

maccruiskeen

Didn’t spot the new Campbelltown ferry till it had nearly finished last year – so did the three ferries on the road bikes on the last weekend it was sailing. Was expecting the bit down the east coast of Kintyre to Campbeltown just to the a coastal pootle – jings theres some hills! Really nice run though.

Spotted there was an off-road route as well so will have to check out your writeup

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Nice write up. I’d been looking at this but knowing you can do it in a day is very interesting.

tomd
    Free Member

Thanks. I’m thinking of some other variations on this over a weekend. Maybe trying the southern bit of the kintyre way or staying in Lochranza and doing an offroad route across Arran to finish.

iainc

nice one Tom 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kintyre Way 3 Ferries Ride’ is closed to new replies.