Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Kingdom Vendetta X2 UK Spec
  • Rik
    Free Member

Anybody on here with one of these?

Titanium, 62 degree head angle and a top tube long enough that your front wheel is in a different country!

https://www.reallygoodbikes.co.uk/blank-rwrlr/kingdom-vendetta-x2-uk-spec

Rik
    Free Member

Double post!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m tempted by a Vendetta. Don’t ride as much as I used to and quite fancy swapping all the parts off my a160 onto a ti hardtail frame instead to razz around on…

danti

Rik-pm’d you

singlespeedstu

What’s the difference between this and the standard X2?
    Edit.
    Just found the info on the link…
    How can it run both 29 and 27.5 wheels without any way of adjusting the bb height?

Rik
    Free Member

What’s the difference between this and the standard X2?

Super slack!!
    I was thinking 130mm travel fork on 650b maybe 2.6 that would increase the BB drop and makes the seat tube angle 75 degrees and a head angle of 63 and bit degrees

chakaping
    Free Member

How can it run both 29 and 27.5 wheels without any way of adjusting the bb height?

If it’s the same as the one we were discussing before, it has a sky-high BB with 29in wheels.

I guess you might be able to run a shorter travel fork, it’s not gonna get too steep if it’s 62deg to start with.

singlespeedstu

If it’s the same as the one we were discussing before, it has a sky-high BB with 29in wheels.

I’ll stick with my Fastforward then.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just looked at the geo chart, it’s listed as 35mm drop – which I think may be lower than previously but is still on the high side for a 29er.

The Last FF is listed as 55mm.

reallygoodbikes
    Free Member

The X2 UK Spec does has a slightly lower BB than the original X2. While we acknowledge we could’ve gone lower still, we wanted to make life as easy as possible with regards peddling and reduce the chance of pedal strikes.

I’ve got a Medium and Large X2 UK Spec built up for demoing, so if you’re interested to see how they ride please get in touch – ‘info@reallygoodbikes.co.uk’.

I’m based near Forest of Dean, so do most of the demoing there.

golo
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at these too (hi Adam!).

Just bumped into this which is a good read https://kingdombike.com/blogs/news/defining-our-geometry

Rik
    Free Member

Looks like the new ‘classic’ Cotic Soul has the same bb drop….

singlespeedstu

That’s convinced me then I’ll rush out and buy one 😆
    Shame really as I like everything else about it but wouldn’t want to go back to a high BB again.

Rik
    Free Member

Didn’t think it would……def agree it’s a 27.5 frame rather a 27.5+ or 29 frame which would send the bb even higher

I just thought it was interesting that it was the same.

The Cotic Soul is a highly revered frame and I don’t remember ever reading a review or thread of the Cotic saying that they thought the bottom bracket was too high.

honourablegeorge

Rik – Member
    Looks like the new ‘classic’ Cotic Soul has the same bb drop…

Which is fine for 27.6 wheels

chakaping
    Free Member

Why are the chainstays so short I wonder?

reallygoodbikes
    Free Member

I really believe the best way to find out if a frame is right for you is to ride it. I’ve been in a fortunate position to have ridden countless frames and bikes over the years. At no point have I honestly thought this BB height is too high, it feels ‘right’.

The majority of our customers have set this bike up with 27.5×2.6 and 2.8 tyres. I spend the majority of my time with 27.5s in them too. The chainstays are nice and short to promote a sharp and nimble handling trait.

The proof is in the pudding though, so I offer demo bikes in Medium and Large for people to see for themselves. The feedback from people who’ve ridden the original X2 and the new UK Spec has been super positive.

As I’ve mentioned, I’m based near the Forest of Dean and Bike Park Wales. Drop me an email / give me a call if you’d like to try one.

Adam
    Info@reallygoodbikes.co.uk
    07792 171059

captaindanger

SBC cycles in London also selling them, I am pretty sure they have a vendetta, if you’re east give them a try.

reallygoodbikes
    Free Member

The only X2 UK Spec frames are with me, if you’ve got any specific questions fire away.

batman11
    Free Member

Rik defo slack as they come but long!? If thats in another country then the pipedream moxie could well be on another planet lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Kingdom Vendetta X2 UK Spec’ is closed to new replies.