Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kingdom of Fife locals – suggest a road route?
  • petrieboy

I’m visiting Fife this weekend and I’m looking for a 70-90k loop to do on the road bike on Saturday morning. Obviously I’ll look on mapmyride etc, but a personal recommendation on here would be great.

ian martin
    Free Member

There’s lots of way marked routes around fife. Google kingdom of fife cycle routes. Also checkout Bikehub app.

jekkyl

you haven’t said where you’re starting from or staying but if it were me I’d do a ride in East fife. Anywhere from Upper largo eastwards would be nice, along the coast, the villages of Crail & Anstruther etc are all very nice & up to St Andrews. Of course coastal routes will be a bit windy so inland, round Autchermuchty (where the proclaimers lived and went to school!) through the lomonds and round loch leven would be a great alternative.
    haste ye back!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

As above, anything around the east coast is really nice, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews. Some nice roads around Falkland up and over the Lomond hills too. Depends where you’re starting and finishing to make solid recommendations though. It’s mostly great though as long as you try and avoid the A91 and A92.

Edit: Have a look on here and see if any of these roads take your fancy. Shows the stuff the Uni road club tends to do with photos etc http://standrewscycling.blogspot.co.uk/

petrieboy

Staying in north q’ferry but I can drive to the start if need be.

fasthaggis

Do the two bridges loop* .Down to the Kincardine bridge on the coast road then back up the other side and across the Forth bridge.

*or part of it

Murr
    Free Member

you might consider Dunfermline cycling club, saturday morning run from glen gates they have a web site with more info , or head for crossgates ,kelty knockhill, coffee at powmill then on to milnathort ,scotlandwell lochleven ,past vain farm head for cliesh cliesh hill climb ,pick-up route back to dunfermline then queensferry, nice scenic loop.

rickon
    Free Member

Lomonds loop for the win. Pop on Facebook and search for Mukyriders, lovely bunch of chaps they’ll be able to meet for a ride, or send you a gpx route.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kingdom of Fife locals – suggest a road route?’ is closed to new replies.