Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Kingdom are back
  • messiah
    Free Member

Kingdom Hex AM/Enduro… 650b + Titanium =

Kingdom Bike

I think it looks good.

Nae cheap though 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

Does Ti actually offer any benefits as a full sus bike material?

I understand the logic of building hardtails with it, adds some flex give in the right places to increase comfort. But I cant see the point for full sus unless its for ego stroking, willy waving bragging rights. Or have I overlooked something?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Does Ti actually offer any benefits as a full sus bike material?

No. None whatsoever. It’s done purely to be different.
    Which I like. 🙂

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Well you can save the weight penalty of painting it.

I did once see, and I can’t remember the manufacturer’s name, a bike spec and it actually stated the weight reduction on the new year’s paint over the previous year’s.

kayak23

£2750 frame only 😯
    For that reason, I’m out. Nice looking though.

messiah
    Free Member

Ti because there is a company in China who will make one off Ti frames for them without expecting them to buy X-hundred like the big brands do. But there is that cost issue to working in Ti… although the results will be custom which may be a good thing if that’s what you want/need.

I’ll admit to being fascinated by what Kingdom are up to… designing bike frames and getting them built… brilliant!

DezB
    Free Member

£2750 frame only

You could get a car for that

geoffj

I is disapoint

bigyinn
    Free Member

What happened to the show? I used to enjoy that on a sunday evening.

patriotpro
    Free Member

OOOOOF!

I think it looks good.

Me n all.

jonnyrockymountain

Anyone got some of there titanium handlebars???
    I’am thinking about it?

ashfanman
    Free Member

It does look nice, and I like what Kingdom are doing, but I can’t believe anyone would pay £2,750 for an untested (in a real world consumer sense) frame that requires a pre-order. That’s £400 more than a Mojo HD at full RRP…

Nickman
    Free Member

a titanium fullsus is nothing else but different or exclusive – there is zero advantage over aluminum, but still it is cool.
    As for Kingdom, they work with XACD who will build anything you want. A full sus would cost you far less than half of Kingdom’s price, as these guys add quite a massive upcharge.

Have bought a frame from Kingdom, a slightly used prototype. The welds are ok, the frame is on the heavy side and it was very much prototype – brake tabs were out of line, am using 3mm washers between rotor and hub.
    RD hanger is almost 8mm out of line…
    Anyway, the frame needed some 9 labour hours, now it is fine. But, frankly, not worth it except the coolness factor.

If you really want a 650b fullsus, buy it from someone who digs fullsus technology and buy aluminium.
    my2cents

njee20
    Free Member

Well you can save the weight penalty of painting it.
    I did once see, and I can’t remember the manufacturer’s name, a bike spec and it actually stated the weight reduction on the new year’s paint over the previous year’s.

Unfortunately they usually weigh more than an alu equivalent – both the Litespeed Niota and Titus Racer-X were lighter in aluminium. Trek saved (IIRC) 60g on their paint on some frames a couple of years ago. Plenty of manufacturers harp on about far smaller savings.

letmetalktomark

DezB – Member

£2750 frame only

You could get a car for that

Harder to get between the trees.

Prompts question …. What tyres for Ford Focus at Cannock.

Lovely looking frame though.

kingdombike
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback, always nice. Yes we do work with XACD sometimes and 2 other ti factories in the far east as do Moots and 1 other very large Ti brand both will refuse to admit it. If I could weld Ti myself or find someone in Europe that could weld Ti to the standards of the Far East I would.

As of today we added carbon links to the Hex and it will reduce the cost by £400, so we pass this on, so the frame price is now £2,350 for a Ti frame, with Ti pivot bolts and carbon links.

Northwind

I’m not going to buy one but by god do I want to! Lovely.

kingdombike
    Free Member

If anybody is confused about Kingdom Bikes we’re not some big business, there’s no big bucks or corporate plan, we’re just normal people with day jobs making bikes, now some help required…..For the first production run of the Hex AM we’re actually in a quandary, we have 2 designs for styling and we can’t decide which way to go classic – Pepsi or curved – Coke. Any input from this thread will be appreciated as it will genuinely shape the shape of this bike. Thanks.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Coca cola.

Under no circumstances should you make that Pepsi frame. Ever.

Northwind

Coca Cola looks like it gives up a bit of practicality- less toptube clearance? But it’s much nicer to look at, and i reckon that’s probably quite important to the customer that spends £2500 on a ti full suss.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’ll take the taste test and go with the pepsi, yummy foetuses n all.

robowns
    Free Member

Cola looks too much like a raw el quapo

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

But Pepsi looks like a Raw Giant trance/reign

Go with the Coke

robbo
    Free Member

Pepsi only when Coke is not available. So Coke.

rOcKeTdOg

pepsi

gee
    Free Member

Coke. The bit of downtube that goes pretty much horizontally forwards from the BB on the pepsi
    frame looks rediculous.

GB

compositepro
    Free Member

If I could weld Ti myself or find someone in Europe that could weld Ti to the standards of the Far East I would.

er there are several who weld titanium to a much higher standard than a chinaman burning rods up, what you mean is we get it for 800 – 1000 dollar

did you even look at getting it made anywhere else other than overseas

jonnyrockymountain

Chris (of kingdom bikes)
    I have emailed you this week regarding titanium handlebars???
    Are they for 31.8 stems or do they need a shim?
    What’s the finish dull or polished and how easily are they to cut down to 740mm wide
    Email me at jonathantraverse@hotmail.co.uk
    Ps I think coke (just)

mattjg
    Free Member

Pepsi. Not much help are we?

IMO: ignore the focus groups and build what you want.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Coke edges it but the Pepsi IMHO is still a lovely frame.

slackalice
    Free Member

Have both designs been built? If so, how do they compare ride-wise?

But then again, it’s STW! 😉

Coke.

khani
    Free Member

Pepsi, the coke has that Santa Cruz shitting dog look about it..
    Pepsi top tube, coke down tube ideally, Pepsi looks pot bellied, coke looks shitting doggy..

jameso

DT of the cola, TT of the pepsi. If you’re asking for visual reasons. Otherwise just go with the stiffest tubes and most rigid layout.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Coca Cola with toptube of Pepsi. Go for the curves in a big way!

chakaping
    Free Member

So why have you decided to go for ti instead of alu Kingdombike?

njee20
    Free Member

Coke every time, looks far better.

kingdombike
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback, I dislike focus groups as well as sometimes you end up where you started, but when you look at something as long as we have with the Hex you start second guessing everything… so a broader opinion is needed.

@compositepro we did look for a local welder, and couldn’t find anyone please email me the details of the several people you refer to as I would love to talk to them. TIA.

@jonny rocky mountain just emailed you.

@chakaping..don’t get me started on Alu factories not this early in the morning….

Toasty

Pepsi looks like it’s more on the AM side of the spectrum in my opinion, Pitch/Remedy sort of thing. Coke looks more like a long travel light XC/AM sort of bike, like a Zesty/ASR5.

Pepsi looks like it’s more fun, Coke looks like it’d go faster. Totally useless opinion there, I do apologize.

jonnyrockymountain

Chris no email as yet mate?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

a titanium fullsus is nothing else but different or exclusive

Wrong. It has a finish which is hard wearing and can be brought back to full glory with a scotchbrite pad.

It doesn’t chip or scuff like paint, nor wear like anodising

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Kingdom are back’ is closed to new replies.