Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • King Kong (the newer one)
  • IHN

Good God, it’s terrible.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

No it’s not.

It’s MUCH worse than that

IHN

Its both serious (well, tries to be) and cheesy, never a good combination. From the same fella that did the sublime LOTR trilogy, who’d have thought…

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh no, its MUCH MUCH WORSE

IHN

It’s taken two and a half hours, and they’re only just back in New York.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Feels good to ‘share’, does not in any way it?

jolly well have not seen it meself (or the original, for that matter), but I was pretty sure it wouldn’t be great.

Wall-E, on the other hand; I’m now convinced it’s one of the best films ever made. Best thing Pixar has ever done. Can’t praise it enough. Never thought I’d think that about it beforehand, though. Truly stunned.

zaskar
    Free Member

The one with Jack Black?

The PS2 game is even easier to complete…

I would like to see King kong win in the movie for once though.

nickc

It’s taken two and a half hours, and they’re only just back in New York.

Interestingly it’s almost a direct re-make (copy, if you like) of the original, which is just as long, and just as cheesy/took it’s self too seriously.

By far the worst version was the ’76 version with Geoff Bridges and Jessica Lange, saved only by the fact that for most of the film, Lange is almost nekkid

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I quite liked it (in an ‘ironic’ kinda way).

Oh, no, hang on a minute…

joe1983
    Free Member

I liked it too! Not in a serious oscar winning kind of way, but it wastes a couple of hours at least

samuri
    Free Member

By far the worst version was the ’76 version with Geoff Bridges and Jessica Lange, saved only by the fact that for most of the film, Lange is almost nekkid

Yep, it certainly made it watchable for me.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

she was hot i’ll give you that………..looks more like an alligator handbag these days though!

DrJ

The one with Jack Black?

There was the clue that it was going to be crap.

nukeproof
    Free Member

At the end of the day its got a big ape, dinosaurs and massive insects so it was always going to be fairly popular in our house but best to ignore the story bit.

Watched Wall-e again yesterday, and agree with Rudeboy although it does slip sightly when he gets to the starship.

chakaping
    Free Member

It all boils down to Peter Jackson being unable to direct human beings, IMO.

He just about got away with it when rigidly confined to his source material (Tolkein’s books were a bit autistic too), but King Kong was dire.

Drac

It’s watchable Peter Jackson is at his finest doing cheesy horrors, Brain Dead and Bad Taste are fantastic.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Aye we went to see it in the cinema when it came out – truly awful film.

mudsux
    Free Member

even worse in hi-def.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘King Kong (the newer one)’ is closed to new replies.