Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kinesis Tripster ATR Titanium
  • Rik
    Free Member

Just wondering what the clearance is like on the frame from a monstercross perspective?

They advertise it as having huge clearances but does anybody who has one care to comment on how much?

Would you be able to fit a 29×1.8 or even a narrow 29×2.0 (like some of the bonty tyres) on it?

I presume the chain stays are quite well manipulated and crimped to be able to have a big tyre and still run a road chainset?

Cheers

Rik
    Free Member

Btw those tyres if they fit, would be run without mudguards obviously….

Rik
    Free Member

Bump – as I know there are a couple of people on here with them

rexated
    Free Member

Interested in this too. I was looking at the Kinesis vs Niner RLT….be nice to have a few wheelsets permanently set up for this kind of bike: fat slicks, cx, skinny mtb….

wwaswas

send Dom @ Kinesis an email/tweet – I’m sure he’ll be glad to answer.

rewski
    Free Member

what wwaswas said @Kinesis_UK

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Not an owner but I had looked around one and I think there was a video posted somewhere that mentioned 45c max? I’ll have a look.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

40c, not sure if thats with gaurds though.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8CcDrqVDQA[/video]

Rik
    Free Member

40mm with full guards it says on the site.

Just had an email back from Kinesis –

29er tyre of 1.8 will be fine, but 2.0 will be pushing it; we have not tried this setup.

Anybody in a position to try it. I have a pair of bonty 2.0 tyres which seem very small but no ATR frame to try them in.

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody tried 29×2.0 yet?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I. Want. One.

scotroutes

I’ve been assessing the possibility of wider tyres on my VN Amazon too. 1.75″ is fine and there’s a decent bit of clearance. I reckon 2″ should be possible.

damascus
    Free Member

I run a kinesis tripster decade and it will take a 1.5 inch Tyre but no more.

If you want a monster cross why not go for a titanium Fargo? That will take over a 2 inch + Tyre.

Rik
    Free Member

Because the Fargo has mega long stays and won’t fit a road chainset

birdage

Glad you asked this. Only thing that puts me off getting one, oh and having no spare money. It really is a fantastic looking bike and my mate likes the steel version. Been running 29×2.0 upfront on a Singular Peregrine and it’s a lot of fun on Downs and road. If only there was a titanium version…….. Only slight issues and more of a problem in Winter is mud clearance and increased toe overlap.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Don’t have experience running anythign wider than 28mm with guards on the Tripster ATR, but it’s a ridiculously good and versatile bike. I’m using mine more as a road bike at the moment, but it’s fast, light, handles superbly and is an easy ride over long distances on questionable surfaces. I’ve descended on gravel / stones happily on it, but not really monstercrossed it yet. It’s crying out for a play in the woods… 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Tripster ATR Titanium’ is closed to new replies.