Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KInesis Tripster ATR stem length
  • endo85
    Free Member

I’ve tried a 57cm ATR Tripster and loved it enough to consider it as a replacement for my Singular Peregrine and Genesis Equilibrium.

Kinesis state that the frame is designed for a shorter stem so I’m wondering if anyone can give any advice here?

Usually for my 57-58 frames have a 120mm stem by default which I’ve never needed to change to get a comfortable fit.

Thanks all…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its probably a personal thing but I have a 70mm zero rise Thomson elite stem on mine

DrP

The standard build comes with a 100mm +/- 10 or so degree stem.

I’m awaiting a 0deg 100mm thomson stem for mine.

Mainly for the lookzzzzz

DrP

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a 100mm on mine, a 54, but I originally thought it was too slack and slow in the steering and something like a 70 might well be better – but the standover on mine meant a large frame, to allow the shorter stem, was out of the question (the 55 didn’t exist then).

However when I put the 40c tyres on it seemed perfect.

endo85
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

I reckoned I would just be OK with the 57 but perhaps not now with a shorter stem.

I’m about 6′ 1″, 1.85, which puts me into the 60cm frame size according to Kinesis.

The 60 looks huge and its probably just me but do the proportions of the 60 cms look a little odd to you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KInesis Tripster ATR stem length’ is closed to new replies.