Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinesis Sync with 140mm?
  • andyjh

I’m very close to hitting the ‘buy’ button on a Kinesis Sync for my first hardtail. I already have a set of Revalation forks that are 110/140mm switchable but the Sync is meant to run with 120mm. Now I know I can just set the forks to 110mm and that will be fine although I will get a steeper HA as a result. Question is, has anyone tried a 140mm fork on this frame and what was it like? I guess I might have the best of both worlds, 110mm for climbing and 140mm for downhill 🙂

What would be the downside to 140mm in a frame that is not intended to take long travel? I assume it will become vague and wander around on climbs and corners?

maximusmountain
    Free Member

and void your warranty (potentially), and put more stress through your frame leading to possible breakage. I wouldnt.

awh
    Free Member

The Bike Radar review says it will take a 140mm fork. I think they got this from the original description on the Kinesis website but I can’t see it there any more.

bol

I must admit I thought the frame was warranted to 140. I haven’t used mine at 140, but I imagine it would feel good going down and would be manageable going up. One of the great things about the Sync though is that it is sharp as a knife. I can imagine the steering getting a bit baggier at 140. My Revs will extend to 140, but I’ve never been tempted.

andyjh

I have read the frame will take 140mm in reviews but I can only see up to 130mm on the Kinesis web site. Think I will contact them directly to clear it up and make sure I don’t compromise any warrantee.

Bol, you say your Rev’s will go to 140 but haven’t tried it, what do you run them at?

I am assuming I can put spacers in the forks and limit the travel so if it does turn out 140mm is too much, I can limit to 130mm, perhaps?

br
    Free Member

I’m sure I’d read that it was rated for 140mm, as I’d looked at one as a replacement for my 456Ti (running 150mm).

bol

I run mine at 120. I seem to recal that dual position revs can’t be reduced unfortunately.

andyjh

Ok, thanks Bol.

I’ve sent an email to Kinesis so will wait to see what they have to say about running at 140mm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Sync with 140mm?’ is closed to new replies.