Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kinesis sync or FF29 owners what size/height and photos please
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hi can riders or owmers past or present tell me the frame size they ride and height they are plus any pics of bike would be great!

Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

My old Sync…

I’m 5ft10, it was a medium. Fit was fine but I did find the front end ever so slightly tall unless the bars were totally slammed with a negative rise stem.

Very nice ride though. Would have one again in a heartbeat if I was in the market for that kind of bike.

vondally
    Free Member

Only so the kinesis guide is roughly correct med upto 183 cm or 6ft and large 180 cm or 5ft 11?

The medium has a 110 cm headtube?

Or are they a big medium?

jn49
    Free Member

Bought a second hand FF29 frame which I have not yet built up. Offered it up against my Cube Reaction 19inch / large frame and looks virtually identical. Test rode a medium and it felt roomy. I’m 6 foot with 32″ inside leg and would say it was a “big” medium.Glad I didn’t go large.

rewski
    Free Member

6ft 4 and sync large, perfect fit

Speshpaul

6ft and a large here, well happy.

vondally
    Free Member

See confusing me more…..6ft but shrinking and it looks like I am bang on the border line….so

So the reach and stack is mm
    Reach 421.3
    Stack 623 .7
    ETT 600
    Classed as medium

This compares to
    Turner sultan large
    R – 414
    S _ 627
    ETT 599

Yeti sb95
    R 434.4
    S 632
    ETT 612

Santa Cruz highball
    R 418
    S 626.1
    ETT 609

Owned the turner currently have the Yeti which is wonderful….and was another consideration…..

nickdavies

6’1 or so 32″ inseam and I’m on a large. Medium would be way too small for me.

addy6402

6′ and 32″ inseam here and my large was fine – the frame and fork are up for sale actually….

fd3chris
    Free Member

5 11 and had ages ago a medium. I thought it would be small on me but it felt good. I never felt cramped on climbs and loved the frame.

roverpig

6′ and the large fitted me fine. Really fast bike. Light stiff and very responsive. Great for mixing road and trail

welshfarmer

6 foot here and 90 kg. Large FF29. Really rate it. Fast and tough. Use it as my competition bike for orienteering (mix of road and offroad). Will point it down anything the 160mm FS bike does.

steve_b77
    Free Member

5’11” and had a medium, sorted.

vondally
    Free Member

Rover pig…that mix of road and trail is what I am looking for.

vondally
    Free Member

Rover pig…that mix of road and trail is what I am looking for the bike to do, so something comfy over some of the roads section, mainly length wise

roverpig

I may be getting confused (and am too lazy to check) but I think you posted another thread asking about a bike for mixing road and trail. I was going to recommend the FF29 there, but somebody else got in before me.

I’ve moved mine on as I don’t really do that sort of riding. I tend to drive to fairly big (Scottish) hills and then spend pretty much the whole ride on trails. So, I prefer something more trail focussed. Having said that, I’m pretty sure I took the FF29 down all my usual trails and never found it wanting. It was lightning fast going up then too 🙂

I bought it in order to do the Corrieyairack challenge, which is a 13 mile off-road ride over the Corrieyairack pass followed by 38 miles on the road. It was perfect for that with a set of Racing Ralph tyres. It skipped up the climb, coped just fine with the descent and felt almost as efficient as a road bike on the road section.

I’m sure there are plenty of bikes that fit the same bill, but if you want a fast hardtail for mixing road and trails the FF29 has to be worth a look.

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks Roverpig, yes I did post lokking for a bike to mix both, as where I live it is a long stretch of road to link the natural stuff, so trying to get something that has the comfort for long stretches of the road and then able to manage technical bits so fit is becoming a real issue.

Thanks for the reply

RichBowman

6ft and on a medium FF29, with an 80mm stem. Fine for me.

I could probably ‘do’ a large with a shorter stem, but quite like having smaller frames to chuck around.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis sync or FF29 owners what size/height and photos please’ is closed to new replies.