• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Kinesis Strut carbon bar – for Enduro/DH?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Has anyone got a Kinesis Strut carbon bar, and do you have comments on its suitablility to be run on general steep and technical tails, and on Donwhill trails too?

The blurb reads as if it’d be fine for use, I know my mate runs one and is heavier/harder rider than me, and Katy Winton runs one too. The weight worries me initially, but if it’s built to last, then I don’t really mind.

It’s the right sweep and rise, and length – and it’s hard to find something else that fits.

Cheers

Ricks

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my Salsa Horsethief, which is my bike for weekends in Wales, weeks in the Alps and the Pyrenees. So it gets ridden less often but is expected to cope with the gnarly end of the riding I do.

No issues so far – I’m still alive.

vondally
    Free Member

I was looking at those MT Zoom instead of a Thomson Carbon are they any good/strong enough asks the 95kg rider without backpack including the kitchen sink……….
    good thread as I wanted to ask this as well

rewski
    Free Member

I can’t fault the strut bar on steep techy trails, more surrey hills than dh though, as good if not better than my easton haven, wider too.

welshfarmer

I have the Mt Zoom ones on a 29er HT that gets ridden hard everywhere around South Wales. No issues. 90kg plus pack rider. Can’t fault them at the price

rOcKeTdOg

Terrahawk uses a Mt zoom, if it survives him it’s good enough for us mortals

steve_b77
    Free Member

But is he ‘nduro? 😉

Northwind

A mate of mine uses the struts on his capra, he’s not just enduro, he’s super mega crashduro and they’ve been fine.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I am Enduro and I have a kinesis strut carbon bar

rickon
    Free Member

#iamenduro

mboy
    Free Member

Having used one mate, the sweep is NOTHING like as advertised.

They’re light, they’re strong, they’re well made, they’ve got everything going for them… Except they’re far too straight!

Drop me a line on fbook, just got some 750mm Salsa Carbon Flat’s for the XC bike, and some Truvativ Jerome Clementz Signature bars for the forthcoming FS bike… Both 750mm width and light, yet tough enough too.

matther01
    Free Member

I’ve had the Strut riser, but there wasnt enough sweep for me and the flat bar has even less. It was a bit flexi though and found the lacquer coating chipped really easily (even when torquing to under the required ratings).

Vondally – currently got the mt zoom risers and they’re really strong/stiff (but hardly any buzz) and with good matt finish that doesn’t mark…but I’m about 80kg kitted. Might be willing to part company with them for a reasonable price? Drop me an email.

rickon
    Free Member

I had the riser version of the MTZoom, I found them very nice, but were very flexy.

poah
    Free Member

found the R750 strut to be more comfy than the haven carbon (711) I had on before. the 5 degree back sweep was perfect for my bike, its bot straight but significantly less than bars at 9. Paid £90 from winstanleysbikes.

I’ve torqued the bolts to 3.5 with my haven stem and no issues with chips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Strut carbon bar – for Enduro/DH?’ is closed to new replies.