Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • kinesis maxlight xc pro3 dropout problems
  • trigger737
    Free Member

Has anyone had problems with the rear wheel slipping out of the dropouts on a kinesis maxlight xc pro 3?
    The dropouts are angled towards the front of the bike instead of vertical or slightly angled backwards.
    Have tried tightening the quick release as much as possible and have checked the surfaces on the quick release and frame and seem ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

trigger737
    Free Member

Also, frame is new and was wondering if a 12mm bolt through mech hanger would work. As it would not have a gap for the QR to slip out of.

parkesie
    Free Member

i found using anything other than a shimano type skewer just didnt work on my maxlite. Hope ones were particularly useless.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have not had any issues with my Pro3 🙂 I have used both hope pro2 QR setup (with Kore squers) and also converted it to 10mm (dt swiss RWS) without any problems as all. I would mail dom@upgradebikes.co.uk as he is very approchable.

awh
    Free Member

I had the same problem. You just need to do the QR up really really tight. I think I did the same and used a Shimano QR to get the torque.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh and I can’t spell 😉 Perhaps I do my QR’s up really tight then? Come to think of it I do tend to do them up really tight on all my bikes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘kinesis maxlight xc pro3 dropout problems’ is closed to new replies.