Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kinesis ff29. Any 6ft 3 or bigger riders?
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve just finished building an ff29 with 120mm suspension forks and a 60mm stem.

My first ride out and it feels a bit small. I’m going to try a longer stem but I get a sinking feeling that the large (they don’t do an xl) is just too small for me.

Anyone 6ft3 or taller found it fits? Please can I have some photos of your set up?

Thanks

flange
    Free Member

I’m just shy of 6ft 3 and used to ride a large FF29er. I used mine for fairly racey stuff (like er, racing) and had a pretty long, negative rise stem on it). Also used to run a layback thompson post but this was to get the ass up, head down position that I liked for racing. For trail riding I’d have maybe gone for a slightly shorter stem, but I’d still go negative rise just to get the front lower.

What bars are you running? I ran mine with some flat 700mm’s again to pitch me forward and lower – I did have a set of risers on it but it made it way too high at the front. Running a lower front end I also found it gripped better and just handled a lot better than when I had it shorter and more upright.

Pic below is of it prior to it being sold set up for my mate who is a little shorter than me (hence the inline post).

awh
    Free Member

6’4″ and mine fits. I have a Thomson layback seatpost, 70 mm stem and 735 mm bars. It feels compact but I like it like that for fast twisty trails.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grant

6 ft 4, inline Thomson post, 80mm stem (0 degree rise) and 740mm wide flat bars. It felt slightly compact with narrower bars on it, but I stuck the 740’s on it and it now feels bang on.

damascus
    Free Member

I went for some 700 wide bars as I wanted to use it for cycling to work in winter but I might go for some wider ones with a rise on.

Thanks

By the way. What do your bikes weigh? Mines come in around 27 pounds with suspension forks, full xt etc.

gamo
    Free Member

6’3″ here and 70mm stem with 740 bars fits great.

gamo
    Free Member

Full Xt carbon Renthals Thomson stem and post and Dt XR 1501 spline wheels 25 lbs.

sssimon
    Free Member

Second visit for this one as I bought it from Flange!

just over 6’2 and 90mm stem, 70mm bars and inline post (slightly higher than in pic) 100mm reba and the front end low feels good. Just need to get the steerer and the rear brake hose chopped and get a new rotor for the rear.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qAYTX4]20141230_141455[/url] by simon gardiner, on Flickr

chrish90
    Free Member

Out of interest does anyone have any thoughts on a large frame FF29 for a 6ft rider? I know it’s on the cusp of a medium or large but my current bike is a large…

welshfarmer

I am 5′ 11 &3/4″ 🙂 and find the large to be just right with a 60mm stem and a straight seat post. But I like a long bike.

chrish90
    Free Member

Thanks, emailed Kinesis and they also recommended a large.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis ff29. Any 6ft 3 or bigger riders?’ is closed to new replies.