Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kinesis Decade Virsa or Genesis Altitude ?
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi I’ve decided I’m going back to steel but my dilemma is the Decade Virsa or the Altitude 1.0 ? Advice would be greatly appreciated cheers ,Mark

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I had a Kinesis Decade Virsa for a few years. Brilliant bike. I ran it on an alfine/SS and 1x 10. The paint job was lovely and very durable. 120mm Reba Forks were just enough.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have an early Decade Virtue (same as the Virsa before the name change) and agree with monkeysfeet.

I’ve used rigid, 100mm, 120mm and 130mm forks on it and the 120mm is definitely in the sweet spot.

Also, lovely tubeset, Tange Prestige, it sounds paper thin in parts and rings like a bell, but feels lovely on the trail.

IHN

I have an Altitude 853 (26″), running 130mm Revs. Lovely thing.

stennah
    Free Member

Thanks everyone I’ve gone for a 2013 Kinesis got it for £70 with swopouts got 120mm and 140mm forks to run on it so thanks Jef I know which ones to use now

stennah
    Free Member

Thanks everyone I’ve gone for a 2013 Kinesis got it for £70 with swopouts got 120mm and 140mm forks to run on it so thanks Jef I know which ones to use now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Decade Virsa or Genesis Altitude ?’ is closed to new replies.