Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinesis decade virsa frame size
  • yowser
    Free Member

Anyone ridden or own the virsa?
    I’m eyeing up one for my winter duties but not sure how they measure up in size!
    What height ate you what frame size did you go for?
    Cheers

Hingy
    Free Member

I have the 18 inch frame and am 5’10. It fits me really well with a 80mm stem and a straight Thomson seatpost.

wwaswas

I’m 6’1″ and ride an 18″ Virsa too. I use a layback van nic ti post.

for comparison I also ride a medium Inbred and c456.

brassneck

I’m 5’10 ish and have a large. It’s too big 🙁
    In line Thomson post, and a 80mm Bonty stem with flat bars.

It’s taken a year or so to reconcile myself to the fact. The top tube is about an inch or so too long for my taste. Stand over is more or less fine, but I prefer my mountain bikes on the compact side.

Fantastic frame, but it’ll be on the classifieds at some point. Think I’ll need to sell it to fund the next purchase so it’ll be back on the 16″ Kona, which is just a tiny bit too small and lacking disk mounts else I’d stay on it.

EDIT: By Large I mean 20″

boxfish
    Free Member

5’8″ tall
    16″ Virsa
    I am a little short in the leg though! (29″ inside leg).

yowser
    Free Member

thanks guys,
    im 5’9 and have been eyeing up the 18inch. probably be a 70 -80mm stem, straight post etc but like brassneck i like my bikes compact so am a little nervous about the size.
    wwaswas, good comparison against the on ones, from memory i think im a 16 in their sizes!

its going to be used as a scenic commute bike SS set up with 100mm forks so think i may just get away with it.
    will let you know what is decided when the build comes in!

brassneck

It’s magic as a single speed, rode it more last winter than my full suss.

I’d factor in a Surly chaintug though, I didn’t get on with the supplied one.

Wasn’t touting honest 🙂 – I’d definitely go medium, maybe try and get a ride on a small.. I picked it up as a ‘second chance’ offer on Ebay and couldn’t resist. It’d probably suit some people of my height who like their bike fit more stretched just fine.

wwaswas

good comparison against the on ones, from memory i think im a 16 in their sizes

maybe worth lookign at geometry tables on both sites for t-t etc lengths for comparison, then?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis decade virsa frame size’ is closed to new replies.