Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kinesis DC19 CX disc fork – anyone seen them?
  • boxelder

Looking at buying a set, but the max tyre seems to be 33c. Will they take a 35c or maybe wider (assuming 35c = 35mm)?
    These ones

matt_fantastic
    Free Member

no, but as the (nicer looking) Bontrager Satellite Elite’s aren’t available in the UK – I checked with Bonty – these seem like the best option as my P2 replacements…

boxelder

I’m ordering a pair, just concerned about clearance for tyres over 33mm (though it says 33c and mudguard??)
    they do alloy versions too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ll be putting some Bontys on ebay later this week. Good condition and long steerer.

the00
    Free Member

So, any feedback on what they’re like?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I commute/train on pair. Seem fine!

I have a 25 tyre and mudguard on them, plenty of room for that.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yep, got two pairs – as Al, only run them up to 25c with mudguards, but bags of room at that.

Nice and smooth ride, not as direct as I thought they might be with the straight blades…. the mudguard mounting eyes halfway up the blades with discs is their real party-piece – tidies eveything up nicely.

boxelder

Holy thread resurection.
    Still liking mine – sort of forgotten they were there, cushioning off road rides and coping with clumsy disc braking.
    I think I remember cleaning (well, hosing) them a couple of months ago.
    At the moment they’ve probably cost around 15p per mile.
    Can’t find any recommended service interval….?
    Ah well, ask again next year.
    🙂

druidh
    Free Member

28c on mine but there is bgas of room for a bigger tyre. That’s a few thousand km on them this year and no problems at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis DC19 CX disc fork – anyone seen them?’ is closed to new replies.