Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kinesis CX disc v3 wheels – min tyre size?
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

Just a quick one:

Anyone got these wheels and can advise?

Got a pair of kinesis cx disc v3 wheels – really happy with them.

Currently got some 28cs on them – just wondering if anyone has tried a 25c?

ETRTO sticker says 622x19c, and “recommended” tyre size of 28-62.

I’ve emailed kinesiis and no reply.

Thanks in advance!

A

jamiep
    Free Member

I have for over six months. Around Edinburgh, Mid- and East-Lothian, which can be very potholey.

I did have some reservations about actually putting a BIGGER tyre on after reading this, who know what they are on about, but then just ignored it and it has been fine with road and CX tyres…
    Some of this “hoop-wise” deformation can be avoided by using dedicated “tubular-clincher” tyres from Hutchinson, Tufo, Schwalbe etc, but there is still a noticeable compressive effect at very high pressures on a rim not able to take it. (We have ruled out Stan’s Grail rim for this reason, and won’t perform any remedial work on wheels designed for cyclocross which are being used with road tyres: Kinesis Crosslight V3 for example).

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It says on the rims themselves 28mm but I emailed Kinesis before ordering and they said 25mm

I find it near on impossible to get 25mm grandprix’s on them though

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Cool – cheers chaps!

A

jamiep
    Free Member

yeah Dunc, actually getting any road tyre on is a significant struggle when they are new and stiff

sacktwist
    Free Member

I’ve run Conti GP 4 season 25mm’s for a good few months with no issue. Bit on the tight side though so always carry a tough tyre lever like the Topeak shuttle.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Cheers everyone!

A

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis CX disc v3 wheels – min tyre size?’ is closed to new replies.