Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 owners – tyre content. What's the biggest you've had?
  • beagle
    Free Member

Will soon retire my sick green Pro6 v1 for something more road orientated. Don’t ask me why.

Love the feeling of drop bars off road and rather than selling the pro6 or have the frame sat around, I was thinking of going as fat as possible with it and sticking some old parts on.

Anyone fitted anything around 40 in there? Or even experimented with 650b? 😛

senorj

I’ve fitted some 40 landcruisers . Not much room left but they are mucho fun though. 😀

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers Senor. How do they hold up off road? Thinking surly knard 700×41, but they look big!!

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I’ve had 40mm Nano’s in too..

beagle
    Free Member

Oooh. Lovely. Ta Bruce! Much room to spare?

senorj

The land cruisers are brilliant for clattering through stuff. Very robust but heavy. I’ve got used to the weight now.
    Tbh I only bought them because they were all I could get my hands on at v short notice.
    They’re a bit sketchy on wet roots/ muddy troughs with 50 psi. 🙂

cyclistm
    Free Member

I have 40mm nanos on mine, there isn’t a lot of room to spare. It wouldn’t take much of a wobble for the tyre to rub.

It has transformed the bike though, (along with upgraded bars and stem)far more capable off road.

The tyres are good but do struggle a bit on slightly moist chalk, I think they might get a bit of a handful in wet conditions and will probably go for something narrower and grippier.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 owners – tyre content. What's the biggest you've had?’ is closed to new replies.