Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight PRO6 Frame sizing (54 vs 55.5)
  • YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

Anyone got any real world experience with the sizing of these frames?

I’m 174cm with 32 inch inseam which puts me near the middle of the 55.5cm frame although I’d usually go 54.

This will be used mainly as a winter bike with quite a few cross races thrown in.

Any thoughts appreciated.

joemmo
    Free Member

Hi, I’m 178cm and I ride a 57cm pro6 v1. I previously had the pro5 in 54 and found it just a little short and low in the headtube. Now the geometry of the pro5 & 6 may differ but I find the 57 cm fits me really well with a 90cm stem.

Ideally it would have more standover height as the top tubes are horizontal but in practice it hasn’t been an issue off-road. If I was buying one now is be tempted to go for the 55.5 with a longer stem but I prefer how it handles as it is.

Other things about the frame: clearance at the bottom bracket is ok but not great in the mud due to the chainstay bridge – a 35 wide knobbly is about the limit allowing room for gunk. They are not the lightest or sprightliest on road but generally comfortable and well behaved. A pretty versatile frame all told and genuinely good fun off road on mud gravel and other currently fashionable non-tarmac surfaces.

That said, have you looked at the new Tripster AT? It’s a bit heavier still but looks like it could be built up in a number of ways. Quite tempted by one myself.

cyclistm
    Free Member

54cm was perfect in v1 and v2, I’m 5 10 with similar inseem.

Superb bike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight PRO6 Frame sizing (54 vs 55.5)’ is closed to new replies.