Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight CX Disc wheelset – any reason not to?
  • orena45

On the verge of treating my CdF to some new lighter wheels and these sound pretty good for my new longer commute.

Any reason not to go with these, and anyone seen any better deals than the £240 from Freeborn?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Apart from some chinese carbon ones which will probably cost slightly more and weigh about the same id just buy the kinesis. I fitted a set 2 weeks ago and cant fault them.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I’ve covered about 500 miles on mine now, just tonight i have had to tru the rear, tension throughout was a bit uneven with a few non driveside spokes having lost all tension.

Will see how they go from now, all i had heard was good reviews on them.

damascus
    Free Member

I think there was a mint set in the classifieds today for 150

orena45

What kind of riding has that been Buzzlightyear – road/commute or off-road etc?

Yeah, saw the ones in the classifieds but the newer ones sound a fair bit lighter…plus blue/black stickers would go nicely with my frame and those are destickered 😉

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Bit of everything, road, commute, gravel and trails.

orena45

Wheelset. Ordered.

(Together with a nicely cheap XT cassette from CRC. Should shed a fair amount of weight off my current setup!)

🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I keep hovering over the buy button on these, and cant decide. Will it make my Boardman CX that much lighter and faster? Half of me says yes, half no…I reckon for a while they would definately make me feel quicker!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight CX Disc wheelset – any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.