Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight CX disc wheels – anything better for similar money?
  • boondock

Am looking to upgrade the wheels on my Whyte Saxon Cross as I’ve stupidly got a place on the Three Peaks CX race.

My less than detailed research suggests that the Kinesis wheels are OK, Fatbirds have them for £233 Fatbirds – can’t seems to find them anywhere else online.

So is there anything better I should be looking at for up to £300? Have priced up some Stans Iron Cross rims with Hope hubs and built up they came to £440 which is a bit rich for me. Could down grade to XT hubs, but would like the bling…

On One have a load of Shimano MTB 29er wheel sets which look like the rims should be ok for narrower tyres, but the weight doesn’t look too good for most. So, any ideas/ suggestions?

I’m not too much of a biffer – 6’3″ and 85kgs.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hope Hoops Crest 29er?

I’m running those on my Kinesis Pro6 and the width is fine for CX tyres, and very easy to set up tubeless. Similar money to the Kinesis wheels if you shop around. Bit wide for road tyres obviously.

No experience of the Kinesis wheels, but I can’t see why the Hope Hoops wouldn’t be at least as good.

tang
    Free Member

For my pro6 just built some novatec (just over 400g pair and £90 inc skewers from bike24) on some dt x470 (bit lighter than the kinesis rims) that I had knocking about, but they are cheap. Bargin spokes to be had from rose bikes(I used spares that my mate had in the workshop). Not bad weight and will be very solid.

boondock

Thanks for the replies.

Was planning on running a pair of Schwalbe Land Cruisers for the 3 Peaks, anyone run Crests and Land Cruisers?
    Tubeless is appealing though…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight CX disc wheels – anything better for similar money?’ is closed to new replies.