Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight 5T,, Bowman Foot Cray or Vitus Energie?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Looking at the framesets. The Foot Cray is my preference but nearly double the other two frames.

Anyone got either of these?

Bregante

Not a 5t but I did buy a bargainous but very well used Kinesis Pro5 (canti version) at the start of the winter and I’m stunned at how nicely it rides. If I had the cash the Crosslight would be my ideal cross/winter bike.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Just that the Crosslight fork has an alloy steerer and that seems a bit low rent to me.

Bregante

Really? I have a steel frame bike with a full carbon fork and a carbon frame bike with an alloy steerer and personally I couldn’t give a monkey’s about it either way 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

It adds about 200g over a full carbon fork. To some that won’t matter, but when you add a little weight here and there, before you know it, you’ve got a real heifer of a bike.

JoB
    Free Member

what do you want to do with the bike?

the Bowman is designed longer and with a slacker head angle than your normal cross-bikes like the Kinesis and Vitus which tend to have racier angles for, um, racing

if you were just going to jaunt off-road and do mountainbike-lite stuff then the Bowman is better suited to that, if you wanted to flick round corners on a race course any time then either of the other two

Bregante

Do you know what the overall frameset weights are?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Its to replace a Pinnacle Arkose which feels a little long and also a bit sluggish. Will get used as a commuter/winter bike, easy off road (tracks, parks, singletrack etc) with the kids and possibly some cross racing next season.

I generally like bikes with sharp handling but the massive clearance on the Bowman appeals.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I wish someone did.

I think I read that the fork on the Kinesis is 750 or 800g?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight 5T,, Bowman Foot Cray or Vitus Energie?’ is closed to new replies.