Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kindle talk to me.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

The misses is gonna buy one tonight for reading books, and the advantage of the keyboard is?

nickf
    Free Member

You can type quite effectively with the keyboard version, so email is fine. The non-keyboard version is a bit rubbish at that.

stumpyjon

My missus bought me one withou the keyboard after using hers with a keyboard for months so she obviously didn’t think it was needed. The new £ 89 one without the keyboard is smaller nad easier to hold.

Dolcered

ive only being using mine since christmas,got a keyboard and 3g (which as many folk will tell you is unecessary, but i like it and use it).

searching with the keyboard seems a lot simpler and easier. Its doenst make the unit that much bigger and i think it gives a better area to hold it.

edit: just read post above, so it really does depend!!

peterfile
    Free Member

i’ve got 3g/keyboard one and really like it.

plus, amazon have a pretty good 99p 12 day sale on kindle books at the moment. good for loading up a new kindle.

trailmonkey

i assumed that the keyboard was for annotation if you’re swatting, is this the case ?

i might be interested in one if so.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

anyone seen the new kindle fire yet? on sale in the US – looks tempting

takisawa2

and the advantage of the keyboard is?

…very little if all your going to do is read books with it, likewise the 3g bit unless you want to receive stuff on the move.
    I can imagine constantly “leafing” through a Kindle while studying would prove a bit frustrating after a while.

molgrips
    Free Member

Isn’t it that the keyboard version is the 3G version? So the question should be 3G or not. Discussed extensively on here 🙂

TM yes you can annotate, and share annotations and highlights if you so desire, and see what other people have highlighted.

Also Amazon’s own case (both lit and unlit) are a fair bit nicer and more luxurious for the larger version, yet the same price I think.

Cougar

OH has a keyboard, mine doesn’t. KB is worth it if you’re big on annotating or want to use t’web.

Personally, I couldn’t see the point; the only time I’ve needed to type anything is in the initial setup, and whilst the on-screen KB is a fiddle it’s not worth the price (and size) hike for something I’m going to use once.

Cougar

Isn’t it that the keyboard version is the 3G version?

No (unless they’ve changed it now) – OH’s is the WiFi only KB version.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think they have Cougar, the small cheaper version seems to have replaced the non-3G keyboard one.

Cougar

Ah, ok, makes sense. As you were, then.

If you really wanted a non-3G keyboard version, there’s always the Amazon refurb store I suppose.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kindle talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.