Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kindle fire for older people?
  • tron
    Free Member

Kindle fires are cheap today. Are they useable for older people? Are they easily returned to standard android these days?

MoreCashThanDash

My IT illiterate parents – mid 70s – seem to cope with theirs. Not sure its used much over their laptop though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Following…

growinglad
    Free Member

Mother….old….tick….70 (Although I’d still say she’s closer to 60)
    Use of kindle….tick….mainly for Sudoku and email.

Something I found with them (and maybe everyone knew this and I’m just a Luddite). Instead of pressing each key to type something you can just drag your finger around over the key board over the letters spelling the word and generally it works pretty well.

Although I do wish I wouldn’t keep falling asleep whilst reading in bed…I’m gonna break my nose one of these days.

FuzzyWuzzy

Thinking about one to as present for a parent – would also be used for web browsing but I read somewhere the low res screen makes reading small text pretty difficult – anyone else find that?

hooli

My 73 year old mother has one, she is fine with it but does use a stylus as she got frustrated with the touch screen on it. I suspect she would have gotten used to it if she carried on using it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kindle fire for older people?’ is closed to new replies.