Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kindle?
  • Topov
    Free Member

Good moaning.

I am thinking of getting the missus a Kindle for Chrimbo, but what if any are the alternatives? (I cannot afford an iPad!)

Pros and cons etc??

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No Alternative. Make it Kindle

5lab

wh smiths kobo thingy is a good alternative in the UK. you can also get a sony reader but I don’t believe that has a storefront built in (so you have to buy your books, download them to the pc, then copy across – on the kindle (and I’d imagine the wh smiths one) you just find a book on the device, hit buy and it’s delivered to you in a few seconds)

+ its awesome for reading text. much better than any tablet, purely due to the screen technology
    + battery life is awesome

– its rubbish for anything else (ie web browsing)
    – no light on the screen (you can get covers with lights built in if that’s an issue)

all of those points go for all ‘e readers’. I got a kindle (keyboard wifi) last year, and buying the OH a kindle (cheapy non-touchscreen) this year

Topov
    Free Member

That’s good enough for me, cheers.

kayak23

but what if any are the alternatives?

Books?

Topov
    Free Member

Haha…meh.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I got a Kindle for my birthday last year love it! I have the Wi-Fi version, I don’t feel the need for 3G as I fill it up with a load of books prior to going on holiday so it’s all loaded up. Love it, especially for holidays as you can have so many things, certain magazines and newspapers are there too.

sadmadalan

With 5lab – Got one for Christmas last year from my better half. At first she laughed at it. This year she is getting one (without the keyboard and 3G). We went to the USA and Canada for three weeks this summer and every time I finished a book, I had another one to hand, without lugging round a bag full of books. The size of the new one is very good and will vanish into her handbag!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Bought my daughter one earlier this year. Brilliant device, and perfect for what it does i.e. books. WiFi version with keyboard, but would probably buy the cheaper version without keyboard now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kindle?’ is closed to new replies.