Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kindle
  • vinnyeh

So, Amazon are going to start shipping this to the UK officially, and supporting it with a content delivery system.
    Despite wanting to like these gadgets, and despite probably going to order one, I'm unsure about whether they can really replace printed books for me.
    Anybody got experience with one of these, or the Sony reader? Amazon certainly seem to sell all they can make, and they do get positive reviews.

oddjob
    Free Member

I'd love a Sony reader, strangly my main problem is that I like t share book with friends and family and I assume that it's not possible to do this with ebooks. Am I right?

dr_death
    Free Member

I've got the sony reader and am really enjoying it, actually reading more than before. Bought it with holidays in mind really as it's a PITA to take 5 books for a weeks holiday.

You can share e-books if you want to……

Dobbo

Audible.co.uk and an Ipod is the only way to "read" a book! Kindle would be 2nd best though.

Flaperon

I have the Sony Reader and love it. Over 100 books on it now, although the bulk were bought from the American store.

I will not pay twice for books that I already have in paper form, but the vast majority are already available on less reputable websites and it's a doddle to convert them.

Best value gadget I've ever bought.

oddjob
    Free Member

Sounds like the sony ready should be on my Christmas wish list then…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kindle’ is closed to new replies.