Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kinder/Edale Circuit yesterday- just positivity :oD
  • hora
    Free Member

Rode it for the first time- Hollins Cross upto Mam Tor wasn’t enjoyable….but then the fun started just after Rushops Edge! Apart from getting massively lost twice and it taking me almost 5hours to ride round on my Chameleon…..I loved it. 😀

Oh and I got a parking ticket as I only put £3 on!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

rushop is not plural

hora
    Free Member

Oops still, need new legs now 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lol, tis a good un – energy sapping when dry – murder in the wet

defaultslipper
    Free Member

yep really good fun. but then i like the little climb up mam tor off of the big paving slabs.

did it yesterday and combined with the cave dale descent. never done cave dale before, but that looks like a descent to try properly one day (ended up walking most of the last difficult section beyond the gate).

loads of people out in the peaks over the weekend, a little hectic in places!

hora
    Free Member

defaultslipper but every single walker was chatty and friendly yesterday- two opened gates for me 😀

defaultslipper
    Free Member

ah yes i got quite a few gates opened for me by walkers/ other bikers. only had a few backchatting miserable walkers about riding bikes up the mam tor path, but generally got a good response from most of the people i passed.

but i always get the feeling the walkers all secretly crave a big crash as you go past them underneath the smiley exterior

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

rushop is not plural

and it’s Rushup 🙂

Hollins Cross up to Mam Tor wasn’t enjoyable.

I’ve always said you were a tart!

Pook

There’s a really nice ride if you go up the Porter Clough into the Peaks, up Rushops Edge and down to Hollin Cross, Mam Hill is fun if you go round the back, and if you can fit in Dirklow Rake and Pin Dale to Castletown you’re on to a winner.

😉

hora
    Free Member

SFB- the two bits down into the first stream/fjord crossing……..divine. Simply divine.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the two bits down into the first stream/fjord crossing……..divine. Simply divine.

I wonder if you mean Rushup & Roych Clough ? They are indeed very good 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Roych Clough 😀

amodicumofgnar

I was wondering where everyone was but thats probably due to timing.

Sunday was out 3-8pm – combined the Goyt Valley – Wildboar Clough – Macc Forest rides. Didnt see any other mountain bikers until I’d reached Cumberland Brook. Saw two more at the bottom end of the Goyt on the run home and that was it.

Monday was out 9-12 – Roych Clough, Rushup Edge, Oxlow Rake, Pennine Bridleway and then quarry route back to Chapel. First bikers I met were coming up Oxlow Rake.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

monday, i was coming up oxlow rake, but i think it was a little later, maybe nearer 1. there were a few bikers going down over the limestone way (i think) heading south. only met one other biker going down cave dale, although he was struggling as much as me!

saturday i was up at ladybower reservoir (hope cross, aston familiar loop)

sunday was a 60km epic involving hope-ladybower-whinstone lee tor-cut gate-fairholmes visitor centre-road back to hope.

great weekend of sun, trails and beer. great to back out on some proper trails in good weather

hora
    Free Member

oldagedpredator, you might be onto something there. I saw a Kiwi lad, a lone female biker (oi SFB no!), the two lads towards the end and 4 tourers (packed to the hilt with kit) looking for a campsite.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(oi SFB no!)

I do not actually pose any risk to female bikers, accompanied or no!

hora
    Free Member

Strictly meant in jest SFB- I wasnt angling that way!

Bunnyhop

Pook-that descent you talk about around the back of Mam hill down into Castleton is quite tricky at the bottom. I mean the really rocky steep rooty, drop offy ditch bit. Have you cleaned that? I struggle just walking the bike along it.

peakmonster
    Free Member

The foreign invasion continues. Know I know how the people in Dover feel l.o.l !

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kinder/Edale Circuit yesterday- just positivity :oD’ is closed to new replies.