Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kilt alterations in Edinburgh
  • rajboab
    Free Member

Hi all,

I need to get the straps on my kilt lengthened. I suppose I could get some extenders but I think a more permanent solution would be better. Need it sorted in the next 3 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers, Stuart.

legend
    Free Member

Geoffrey Tailor on the Royal Mile* would probably top my list

*i believe they’re on the Royal Mile, I’ve only dealt with the weegie version

Mantastic
    Free Member

Eat less?

Ps I have similar issue

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mulacs

Try Kinloch Anderson in Leith. I bought my outfit from them, highly highly recommended. Amazing service and attention to detail.

rajboab
    Free Member

Cheers lads.
    Tried Kinloch Anderson. To get the kilt enlarged by opening up and re doing would cost £320. Ouch. A brand new kilt would be £550. Ordered some kilt extenders from EBAY. If they look gash then I’ll grab an ex-hire kilt from EBAY. Not my tartan but reasonably priced.

Stuart

ianzippy
    Free Member

Nicolsons at the bottom end of the Royal mile advertise strap and buckle re-positioning for £25 – dealt with them before for a full outfit and they were excellent – worth a call?

If you can travel a bit, there is an excellent shop in Peebles – http://www.caledoniankilts.co.uk/?
    Who I believe have a local lady that does alterations at a fair price – again might be worth a call and an excuse for a day at Glentress?

globalti
    Free Member

I have no idea how a kilt is constructed but can’t a local seamstress do this or can’t you do it yourself?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kilt alterations in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.