Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kilo2Go gone bust !!
  • j5kol
    Free Member

So I am one of the many unfortunate ones who has been robbed of my entry fee for the upcoming Cheshire Cat. Anyone else been taken by these thieves ??

wwaswas

Not sure a company going bust counts as theft?

Paid with a credit card?

porlus
    Free Member
    cp

Anyone else been taken by these thieves

Lol, it’s not theft!

Shane as kilo to go have been going for a few years, but they have expanded to a lot of events in a market that had become very saturated.

adsh
    Free Member

Nice apologetic tone in that letter not!

ransos
    Free Member

Not sure a company going bust counts as theft?

Legally no, but how would you feel if someone had taken your money for goods or services you didn’t receive?

martinhutch

Nice apologetic tone in that letter not!

That’s because it’s from the administrators, not the company.

wwaswas

how would you feel if someone had taken your money for goods or services you didn’t receive

disappointed but I wouldn’t assume they’d done it fraudulently or with the intent of not delivering the service, particularly with a co that’s been going a while like this one.

there’s just too many competing ‘sportives’ now, with the big online retail players sponsoring their own series and promoting them widely the smaller organisers must be struggling.

It’s a shame for all concerned.

theotherjonv

That’s because it’s from the administrators, not the company

Sad fact of life, lots of companies go bust and have to appoint some kind of administrator to sort out what they’re owed and what they owe. The letter and phrasing just outlines that point and what’s going to happen.

If the worst happens you’ve lost an entry fee; the owners and their families usually end up far worse off. As for ‘theft’ – that’s extremely harsh. You might allege incompetence / mismanagement, but it doesn’t look like theft to me and you might do well to retract that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

how would you feel if someone had taken your money for goods or services you didn’t receive

You could turn up anyway, ride the route, and only be down a luke warm cup of tea and slice of cake.

MoreCashThanDash

only be down a luke warm cup of tea and slice of cake.

I read that and thought Audax UK had gone bust!

You are down half a banana, and an energy bar and drink which isn’t your usual brand and will turn your digestive system to a gibbering wreck 10 miles up the road.

Shame for the employees who have lost their income and any customers who have lost money, but with the fast growth in sportives, like any business, there will always be some casualties.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kilo2Go gone bust !!’ is closed to new replies.