Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Killing Baby Robins :(
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Those that come up with this decision should be culled as they are not endanger species. 🙄

CountZero

As I understand it, this only applies to very specific situations where the birds nest or access somewhere that might constitute an actual health hazard, like in a hospital, or where food is prepared.
    Of course, there are always the over-zealous who would use that as an excuse just to kill any bird that happened to nest near human habitation.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some birds you can kill or move on if they are causing a genuine problem like nesting in a chimney or something. Others you have to leave alone, regardless of how much trouble they are causing.

The proposal is to add robins and a couple of other common birds to the list that can be killed IF there’s grounds for it.

andytherocketeer

thought this would have been The Really Wild Show (aka Springwatch)

glad they showed exactly what real animals do to other cute fluffy little baby animals.

I’m sure more cute little bunnies and chicks become chick food than get culled or removed by huamans.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I shouldn’t worry if I were you.

I work in pest control and we kill very few birds. Even the species that are already on the list can only be killed if very specific circumstances are met. Even then, it can be difficult overcoming public opinion which is why selling bird proofing spikes and netting is such a big business. Far better, and often easier, to exclude birds from an area than kill them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Killing Baby Robins :(’ is closed to new replies.