Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Killing a pot plant on purpose – best way
  • hels
    Free Member

I have the office to myself on Monday. This is my window for sorting my colleague’s ridiculous ugly and downright (doesn’t bother with the passive bit anymore) aggressive symbolic pot plant that sits between the desks.

What is the best way to do this ? It has to be something one dose, and untraceable.

I have already discounted killing the colleague – too messy and I like a clear desk.

zippykona

Boiling water?

globalti
    Free Member

Just weedkiller, untraceable.

benp1

Is she green fingered? Presumably you don’t want to get busted?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=462

hels
    Free Member

So just pour the weedkiller in ? Will it not stink the place up ?

Xylene
    Free Member

Pee in it

binners

mtbfix

Salt? Sprinkle it on and water it in.

hels
    Free Member

Proper spit on keyboard lol there Quirrel

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hammer some copper nails into the trunk, or cut a ring of bark about an inch wide all the way round….

Kahurangi

Cut the branches overhanging your desk. Make sure you throw them back over to his/her side of the desk though.

DrP

Give it to me?
    There’s a reason all our plant are either plastic or dead…

DrP

Northwind

Bury it underground

lesgrandepotato

Trebuchet

squirrelking
    Free Member

aggressive symbolic pot plant

Upon discovery that docking their stingers renders them harmless, docked triffids soon become fashionable in public and private gardens. As it takes triffids two years to fully regrow their stings, captive triffids are safe if pruned annually.

Above the base are upturned leafless sticks which the triffid drums against its stem. The exact purpose of this is not fully explained in The Day of the Triffids; it is originally assumed that they are used to attract mates, but Bill Masen’s colleague, Walter Lucknor, believes that they are employed for communication. It is revealed that removal of these sticks causes the triffid to physically deteriorate.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Pour aftershave on it, that’s what my mother did with my pot plant. :/

NJA

Salt is the answer.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fry it with a table lamp.

ratherbeintobago

I’d have thought boiling water would do it and would be pretty much undetectable.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Roundup. Will take a tiny dab to kill a pot plant.

Houns

Have a pet slug in the office

perchypanther
    Free Member

Let it read the religion threads on here. It’ll lose the will to live.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@perchy 🙂 but will it go to heaven ?

xico
    Free Member

In the novel ‘In The Lake in The Woods’ by Tim O’Brian John kills all the houseplants with a kettle of boiling water FWIW. Not a bad read, actually.

woffle
    Free Member

Roundup. Will take a tiny dab to kill a pot plant.

We used Roundup on a vigorous patch of nettles. It may well kill them eventually but may well take it’s sweet time about it. A week after a proper dousing they’re looking a bit peaky but hardly terminal…

beefheart
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Smoke it

peepingtom
    Free Member

Not sure if salt is the answer tbh , ive tried salt on the patio ‘ and not just a sprinkling either , did bugger all to the weeds that keep coming through .

How about domestos .

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Please tell me you’re not really going to kill your colleague’s pot plant while they’re out of the office?

alibongo001

We used to poison our maths teachers plant at school with ink.

We were trying to get the flowers to turn different colours one year and went a bit far- it died!

(Not sure if ink is the best option but there is a strong STW tradition of only suggesting things you have experience of!)

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, roundup.

ElShalimo

Diesel – but it will stink

joat

We used to poison our maths teachers plant at school with ink.
    We were trying to get the flowers to turn different colours one year and went a bit far- it died!

You missed the punchline.. It dyed!

nickc

We used Roundup on a vigorous patch of nettles. It may well kill them eventually but may well take it’s sweet time about it. A week after a proper dousing they’re looking a bit peaky but hardly terminal…

Nettles have an underground part (rhizomes) that can spread for metres. You need to dig that out if you want permanently rid.

chubstr
    Free Member

hurl it out the window, be a man and own up to doing it with a well timed “come at me bro'”

thomthumb
    Free Member

be a man

mondays a bit quick for that. but you might be able to get a stick on moustache?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Build a Lego wall.

bearnecessities

Weedkiller is all well and good, but the suggestions above are far too quick and will arouse suspicion.

Two options I’d suggest are a) lift and snip the roots or b) spray with rosate, where the plant looks totally normal for 3 weeks, then will suddenly and quite dramatically die, many weeks after the crime was committed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trebuchet is clearly the best option here.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Let Mrs M look after it, she’s a more powerful defoliant than Agent Orange…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Killing a pot plant on purpose – best way’ is closed to new replies.