Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Killer Whale does what Killer Whales do.
  • jon1973
    Free Member

SeaWorld trainer dies in killer whale attack in Orlando

Is this something we should expect when you keep a 5 tonne Whale in a swimming pool?. I'm suprised people still want to go and watch this sort of thing any more – is it really that far removed from dancing bears?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I used to have a goldfish in a bowl but it never killed anyone?

Olly
    Free Member

im suprised. i was under the impression they were friendly to humans, but lion tamers heads get bitten off, maybe it was that time of the month for the whale, i do agree, its awful keeping them penned in like that.

especially with such a clear visual affect as curling over the dorsal!
    how can people consider the whales content and happy with the predicement when they are causing physical changes to its body shape!

jon1973
    Free Member

If you had it from a little baby fish, it probably never developed it's natural bloodlust.

tonyg2003

"Killer Whale does what Killer Whales do" and in the case of this fella – again.

iDave
    Free Member

the whale had history. killed twice before. bass ass big dolphin. free willy and his mates.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Penning in an apex predator and turning it into a show event is surely going to end in tears at some point, no?

ddmonkey

Just goes to show that being caged for the rest of your life is enough to drive any intellgent being bonkers. There are no recorded incidents of Orcas attacking people in the wild.

40mpg

So what are the chances they'll put the poor thing down now? Its going to end in more blood spilled 🙁

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Do you really know that for sure? Someone could have fallen in while you weren't looking and that goldfish might have swallowed them right up.

I've seen it happen man…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone for sushi?

jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone for sushi?

Is Whale meat strictly sushi? How about a Whale Burger

tracknicko
    Free Member

so long and thanks for all the fish/'trainers'.

ddmonkey

Stricly Sushi – could that be a new TV format? Hmmmm…. something to do with minor celebs trying not to get eaten by killer whales?

jon1973
    Free Member

Stricly Sushi – could that be a new TV format? Hmmmm…. something to do with minor celebs trying not to get eaten by killer whales?

That's inspired. If only LiveTV was still around.

allthepies
    Free Member

It's their job.

iDave
    Free Member

funny how sea world say she fell in and eye witnesses say it grabbed her and pulled her in. easy to see how hundreds of people could have been wrong, i'm sure they weren't paying attention to her or the whale, and sea worlds PR people were watching it all from a high horse.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

She didn't stand a chance!

jon1973
    Free Member

I saw one report where they were saying the Whale was just being playful, and accidently held here under water for too long. It's like the chavs who say Pit Bull Terriers make good family pets.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I suppose the Americans will declare open season on all the wild Orcas to exact revenge, they like killing innocent wild life only time they can aim straight.

iDave
    Free Member

flippinheckler – are you naturally retarded or have you tried extra hard just now?

so many chips for one small shoulder to bear…

jon1973
    Free Member

I suppose the Americans will declare open season on all the wild Orcas to exact revenge, they like killing innocent wild life only time they can aim straight.

Some people were out doing the same thing with Sting Rays when Steve Irwin got killed by one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/irwins-fans-take-out-grief-in-revenge-attacks-on-stingrays-415750.html

will
    Free Member

Reports say this whale has a dubious past

For some reason that really did make me laugh!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

t®ibal©hief – Member
    flippinheckler – are you naturally retarded or have you tried extra hard just now?

Dear Dear you dont get irony at all do you…your not American are you!

jon1973
    Free Member

He was out on day release from an open prison. When will they learn?

zaskar
    Free Member

Horrible to hear whats happened and not funny at all.

Personally I assume it would happen to all animal trainers of lions, tigers and whales etc.

They're animals and bloody dangerous! **** killer whale is not a pet cat!

I'm just going to pet the killer whale and ahgg it bit my arm off…It's what they bloody do! hence the their name Killer whale!

Not cuddly whale!

BigDummy
    Free Member

SeaWorld in San Diego also suspended its killer whale show.

In case this was just the first stage in a co-ordinated revenge plan by a secret network of captive killer whales, presumably?

Agreed generally, very sad and not exactly unpredictable. 😐

jon1973
    Free Member

I'm just going to pet the killer whale and ahgg it bit my arm off…It's what they bloody do! hence the their name Killer whale!

Good job it wasn't a Sperm Whale.

grahamh
    Free Member

No need the Japanese are at it already.

toby1

The clue is in the name 'killer' whale …

MussEd
    Free Member

Does what it says in the name really. Like this I suppose…

DezB
    Free Member

So what are the chances they'll put the poor thing down now?

Please please don't tell my son! He was still crying this morning!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/killer-whale-thing-on-bbc-now

dave360

yes, its a serial killer whale

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don't get it, why is this such a sadness-inducing thing, Dez?

They won't put it down.

I'm amazed they're still capturing them (if they are), but you can't expect them to release them after that long, and they might as well be entertained and exercised by tricks rather than just left in a pond to die – lesser of three evils.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cuts Glasgow turnips?

jon1973
    Free Member

yes, its a serial killer whale

6/10 for effort though 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I don't get it, why is this such a sadness-inducing thing, Dez?

This one isn't (well apart from the obvious) but, coincidentally there was a documentary on BBC2 last night about an Orca stranded in a fjord in Canada. It was killed by a tugboat and my kid was utterly devastated!

tracknicko
    Free Member

they can't put it down surely? its not like a dangerous dog roaming the streets and eating children is it?

its a **** whale!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am not surprised or feel particularly sorry for the women who lost her life, she new the risks, I know it sounds harsh but I am of the opinion wild dangourous animals in captivity should not be put down if they kill, same token for wild animals, if we go into their enviroment they only do what come naturally.

Thats why we shouldnt use wild animals for our entertainment.

ollieT
    Free Member

[/quote]flippinheckler – are you naturally retarded or have you tried extra hard just now?

Dear Dear you dont get irony at all do you…your not American are you!

All those chips, The Americans will be looking for a nice big fish to kill to go with them!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Killer Whale does what Killer Whales do.’ is closed to new replies.