• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Killed my I Pod : ( ………any recommendations for a replacement
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

After 4 years of getting wet, dropped, stood on and several trips through the washing machine my I pod shuffle has finally packed it in and has died (I think it was a combination of getting washed again and then doing the full drying cycle in the tumble dryer that did it)

So it will need to be replaced….It needs to have a largish capacity to get 500+ CD’s on (thats gonna be fun) and be capable of withstanding a bit of abuse

any suggestions or recommendations?

Ta

Ken

z1ppy

apple apparently run a ‘crash’ replacement scheme, if you go in there a std charge (around £50 IIRC) and they’ll give you a new one… worth asking about.
    M8 of a m8 has apprently had two replaced this way…

brant
    Free Member

apple apparently run a ‘crash’ replacement scheme, if you go in there a std charge (around £50 IIRC) and they’ll give you a new one… worth asking about.

they do?

I have a crashed ipod touch here (got washed).

z1ppy

it’s what I’ve been told, and have no reason to doubt either of the m8’s would wind me up on this… I’ve only just bought my 1st apple product so have never had reason to try it..

Any chance of letting us know the results, if you do try?

z1ppy

oh as a disclaimer, the lad who has done this would have been trading Ipod’s in, not the newer touch or iphone, though I did hear he killed his iphone by running into the sea with it… might ask if he’s managed any sort of ‘deal’ on that yet.

pjt201
    Free Member
    sean_designer
    Free Member

i’m selling an ipod touch 32gb if you are interested (email in profile)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’ve gone from a 30gb Creative Zen Vision M to a tiny 4gb Sandisk Fuze with an extra 16gb added memory.

Very small player, has radio. Sounds great and plays FLAC files with a firmware flash. Great battery life too. No need for iTunes, just drag n drop files in and out.

Got plenty of albums on there, some audio books and some podcasts. Total cost £50 for player and £22 for the 16gb card.

Do you HAVE to stay with Apple or are you happy to use other fruit? 😆

ken_shields
    Free Member

I have I tunes on my pooter anyway as my daughter has a nano.

Was thinking about a 120gb Classic

vinnyeh

M8 of a m8 has apprently had two replaced this way…

No there’s not. Why on earth would Apple do that?

‘M8 of a m8’ is spinning bullshit.

z1ppy

Have you actually asked at an apple shop?

I actually know Steve who ‘supposedly’ done it but haven’t seen him since he moved away (though my other m8 Taz see’s him regularly). I have no reason to doubt him.

fbk
    Free Member

Z1ppy – If your talking about what I think you are (the “service”) yes they do that and will replace your ipod (with a refurbished one) if it’s knackered. Unfortunately the service comes in at not much less than you can buy a brand new unit for ($180 for a touch, inc P&P).

I found this out just after discovering how little iPods like water 🙁

vinnyeh

I found this out just after discovering how little iPods like water

And unfortunately they come equipped with a diagnostic which tells servicing whether they’ve been immersed in it…

cp

have a look at apple’s refurb store as well for regularly updated deals. I got a 1gb ipod shuffle for 19 quid delivered last week, and there were some touches on there earlier in the week

ok, just checked, they only have shuffles in at the mo, but keep checking – they add stuff every few days

Apple refurb store linky

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Killed my I Pod : ( ………any recommendations for a replacement’ is closed to new replies.