Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Killed my 3/4 endura waterproof shorts yesterday:-(
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

A suggestions for decent replacements?

ivorhogseye
    Free Member
    Northwind

Aye, Altura Attacks for me too- durable, well made, not precious about washing (any shorts that need special treatment for washing are useless IMO, mine go in the washing machine, never been reproofed or anything and still work perfectly). One pair is now pretty much worn out after 2 winters of constant use. Excellent kit.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. I will take a look…

Prophet2
    Free Member

I never got on with the Altura Attack shorts (ripped two pairs, also found sizing a bit weird as I was a size small, eh?). Also ripped a pair of Endura Superlite shorts as well so wasn’t impressed by their durability.

Finally have settled on Endura MT500 Spray shorts, they seem to be a bit more robust than than the others so far, very comfy as well.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Does anyone do waterproof shorts in anything other than black? Do I have to look like I just went to a Fields of the Nephilim concert?

mick_r

I’m finding the Endura Venturi II to be pretty durable and a nice fit (but a bit pricy). Have previously found the Alturas to be very odd sizing – medium waist was impossibly HUGE. Small waist was still pretty baggy, and the legs were far too short so they kept riding over knees with every pedal stroke (I’m 5’10” and 30″ waist).

Can’t help you with other colours 🙂

Northwind

Don’t really understand the sizing comments tbh, I’m an Industry Standard Medium- 5’10, 32 inch waist- and the medium shorts are bang on, just as almost every other medium shorts are. The waistband’s adjustable, I’m nicely in the middle of the adjustment.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Had 2 pairs of Attacks delaminate in the arse area. Don’t know if they’ve updated the design, but I wouldn’t buy again.

iainc

I find the attack sizing off. 34 waist and my mediums are a bit big, even with the adjusters up tight. Solved by getting braces though !

seadog101

Never understood the purpose of WP shorts… ? 😉
    surely your legs are half wet anyway..

Kahurangi

Seadog, I’m not sure if you’re trolling but in sumamry

Wet legs = a given.
    Wet bum = unpleasant.

Northwind

Never understood the purpose of shorts- surely your legs are half naked anyway? Trousers or nekkid.

rOcKeTdOg

Army surplus goretex trousers cut down to shorts or 3/4 cost about £15, work great & I’m not worried if they get damaged in a crash at that price

spooky_b329

WP shorts make more sense than waterproof trousers, especially when it stops raining and the sun comes out and it starts raining on the inside.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Killed my 3/4 endura waterproof shorts yesterday:-(’ is closed to new replies.