Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • killed a set of original hope v2 pads in double quick time. what do people use.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

My first though is to fit ssc red Kevlar pads but just wondering what other people go with instead.

rhid

I use the Disco brake V2 pads. HTey lasted a week in Morzine and are still going strong.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I hve not got V2s but I always use hope sintered pads in all my hope brakes and get long life.

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

what size of rotors you using ?

Northwind

hope sintered pads are good… I use superstar kevlars in all my own brakes but I think if i had Hopes I’d be more likely to stick to OEM.

choron
    Free Member

Goodridge FTW (sintered)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rotors are 203 and 183. They replaced the e4 205/185 I had on before.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Who is it who makes Hope pads? Is it Goodridge or EBC?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get ’em really really well hot bedding in – could be tricky with V2s

Onzadog
    Free Member

I will admit, I wish they did a 160 floating rear for the v2. I’d have run 183/160 if I could.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

did you bed em in well (got em hot)? A mate who has V2 200/180 got a year out of the front pads and 7 or 8 months from the rears. Quite suprising really for Peak District muddy conditions. It was the pads they came with, not sure if sintered or resin?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did some bedding in locally but not as much as I would have liked. I assume they’re organic pads as standard.

bella
    Free Member

I suspect it might be worth trying another set of hopes as I run 2 sets of V2s (DH and enduro bikes) and pad life has always been very long. Used an almost spent set on the front for the day/night enduro at inners last weekend and they look the same after a long day of being abused in the mud.

There are always tons of suggestions about how to bed them in but realistically I try to just use them for a few runs before before getting them wet and muddy.

Can`t really comment on other makes as tried superstar and the braking surface fell off when they got hot. Stuck to hope since but assume there are other good pads around.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tempted to try again. Fronts seem okay. I’ve certainly not been dragging the rear. Guess it maybe didn’t get as hot on the rear when bedding in.

iain1775
    Free Member

Replaced stock pads (year use) with clarks ones seem good so far

votchy
    Free Member

I use Hope sintered in my V2’s, 200/200 rotors and get well over 12 months out of them using bike all year round, am also a compulsive brake dragger so quite pleased with how long they last, much longer than shimano sintered on my other bike just had to replace them after around 300 miles

beardedboy13
    Free Member

Had Hope’s sintered & they lasted a year of peak & yorkshire grit. Again V2 – 200/200.

Replaced them with Hope’s organics and didn’t have the opportunity to bed them in properly before a very slightly gritty ride in the dales. They only lasted 3 decent rides! Expensive mistake.

Just got new sintered ones and I will definitely be bedding those in properly. It is difficult to get enough heat into them. The only way i’ve found to do it is riding down a steep hill whilst pedalling hard and dragging the brakes. Then towards the bottom put in some sudden stops.

Tried the oven method but getting the pads to match the micro grooves in the disc seems more important to me.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

I use and EBC pads and have had no issues with them on my hopes.

kamina
    Free Member

I will admit, I wish they did a 160 floating rear for the v2. I’d have run 183/160 if I could.

I run a 160 trials rotor on the rear with a V2. Not floating though…

DickBarton

Superstar kevlar for my hope m4 brakes…year on from weekly rides and still half pad life left…seem to stop me as well!

Gribs

Hope sintered seem good to me and last about a year. I’ve only used Hope resin pads 3 times, once on a set of c2’s where a ride round Dalby (the old muddier route) in winter killed them and on my newer tech m4’s which lasted a couple of months before the power just dropped off.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

sintered Hopes here

oliverd1981
    Free Member

with bedding in I find you need to do a few cycles of building some heat then rapidly cooling the pads with clean water. I can build enough heat by just braking hard from a decent pace on the flat a few times (but 1 brake at a time).

The feel of Hope organic pads is excellent, and I haven’t had any unexpected longevity issues with them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just tried some superstar Kevlar ones. bedded in properly and only lasted 3 peaks rides. mate on the ssc organics got one ride out of them. off to google cheapest place for hope sintered pads!

cp

Superstar sintered for me in the peaks. Particularly in winter.

Shimano organic lasted well under a ride earlier in the year in the peaks – that’s the nature of organic, doesn’t lat long in wet and mud. Kevlar is better but no where near as long lasting as sintered, whatever the brand.

Onzadog
    Free Member

SSC don’t make a sintered pad for the v2.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘killed a set of original hope v2 pads in double quick time. what do people use.’ is closed to new replies.